LOGIN | REGISTER

Hybrid View

Images

Lightbulb would you go in?

Got up at 5AM and drove about an hour to find this:
    Wou

Would you go in or save your tardy excuse for another day?

Images
    I once did an all night trip to hatty (6 hours) with some friends, checked the surf, and after being dissapointed turned around and went home.

Well, I actually surfed for about an hour or so, even tho the other guys didn't get in.

Where did you go? Some swell showing on the Montauk buoy.

Images

Hotel Buoy

I went to Long Beach.

When I left, the Hotel bouy was showing 3.9ft @ 5 sec...I figured it was worth a gamble that it might get stronger and with the nice N breeze of 5 mph it could've been a lot of fun.

By the time I got there, I see the historical of the buoy showing that it went down to 3.6 @ 5 sec It looked real weak and it was breaking on the shore, so I saved my excuse for a better day

...it seems that the swell got stronger throughout the morning, but I had to go to work...maybe will have a decent swell with favorable offshore winds later in the week

i did the same this AM, went in anyway...

where are you driving from? i drove out from brooklyn and thought i got skunked. grabbed a bagel & a cup of joe... got in around 8:30, stayed in until noon.

i was supposed to work, but ended up not having to.

Images

Question Cobble Hill

I drove from Cobble Hill...left just before 6AM, but there was an accident in the BQE that delayed me 'bout 10-15 min. I was at Atlantic Beach a bit before 7 AM...it looked like it was going to get good, too bad I missed it

Where did you go in?

I'm wondering if it'll be on tomorrow AM around the same time? Conditions look similar...