would you go in?
Got up at 5AM and drove about an hour to find this:
Would you go in or save your tardy excuse for another day?
I once did an all night trip to hatty (6 hours) with some friends, checked the surf, and after being dissapointed turned around and went home.
Well, I actually surfed for about an hour or so, even tho the other guys didn't get in.
Where did you go? Some swell showing on the Montauk buoy.
I went to Long Beach.
When I left, the Hotel bouy was showing 3.9ft @ 5 sec...I figured it was worth a gamble that it might get stronger and with the nice N breeze of 5 mph it could've been a lot of fun.
By the time I got there, I see the historical of the buoy showing that it went down to 3.6 @ 5 sec It looked real weak and it was breaking on the shore, so I saved my excuse for a better day
...it seems that the swell got stronger throughout the morning, but I had to go to work...maybe will have a decent swell with favorable offshore winds later in the week
i did the same this AM, went in anyway...
where are you driving from? i drove out from brooklyn and thought i got skunked. grabbed a bagel & a cup of joe... got in around 8:30, stayed in until noon.
i was supposed to work, but ended up not having to.
I drove from Cobble Hill...left just before 6AM, but there was an accident in the BQE that delayed me 'bout 10-15 min. I was at Atlantic Beach a bit before 7 AM...it looked like it was going to get good, too bad I missed it
Where did you go in?
I'm wondering if it'll be on tomorrow AM around the same time? Conditions look similar...
Place this code at the end of your tag: