LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Hollister >=(

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by LOSTsoul View Post
    Now i wanna go..just to see what all the hub bub is about!!
    I don't know what all the hub bub is about personally. Its Abercrombie's bastardized version of California style. I don't see what the big deal is, its a store not a person. Posers/kooks/tools are the same, regardless of where they shop. I have some stuff from there because its much cheaper than Abercrombie and I like inexpensive clothes that don't fall apart after one wash.

I should also clarify, nothing I have from there says "Hollister" on it. But I don't buy too many clothes that scream what brand they are. I'm not paying anyone to be a walking advertisement.
    Last edited by stoneybaloney; Jan 25, 2010 at 04:56 PM.

My position has always been that companies like Quik, Billabong. Roxy give back to surfing with contests and other things but Hollister just steals and 'image'.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by aka pumpmaster View Post
    My position has always been that companies like Quik, Billabong. Roxy give back to surfing with contests and other things but Hollister just steals and 'image'.
    I hear you, but QS / Billabong also charge considerable prices to afford giving back while maintaining their profit margins. I have like 3 pairs of board shorts because I think its insane that they go for $50+ now. I remember when they were $30 and my parents thinking that was steep. Why does a men's bathing suit need to be that much money??

Images
    My wife has been buying me my clothes for the last 5 years. I like it that way.

Hollister = Sidney Crosby's ruby red lips

Quote Originally Posted by stoneybaloney View Post
    I hear you, but QS / Billabong also charge considerable prices to afford giving back while maintaining their profit margins. I have like 3 pairs of board shorts because I think its insane that they go for $50+ now. I remember when they were $30 and my parents thinking that was steep. Why does a men's bathing suit need to be that much money??
    Whiskey Militia is your friend...use it.

Images
    Whiskey Militia is your friend...use it.
    Yeah no doubt. As you can see by the related thread, I'm all over WM. I try to buy local too, but usually only when they have sales.

Ive got relationship with some shops so i usually get 25% off most purchases. That helps alot.

Images
    Ive got relationship with some shops so i usually get 25% off most purchases. That helps alot.
    Yeah see, I never get that kind of deal. Its probably because I spend so much on Whiskey.

Yeah its a pay to play kind of thing. You initially spend a crap load of money at a shop and get to know the owner then you get the break.