LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: longest paddle

Images

longest paddle

It always seems whenever it gets large and in charge jersey always has a long ass paddle. I've never been to the delmarva region when there was hurricane swell. Just as much of a paddle or less?

Images
    Ocean City never has a long paddle compared to most other spots, assateague is pretty far out there though especially when it's big - but it's not usually a tough paddle.

The longest paddles I've had at a beachbreak like delmarva was down in florida @ second light at patrick when it was big hurricane swell w/ three distinct breaks to make it through before getting outside - but on a good one you could link all three and go home happy.

Images
    assateague has verrrrryyyyyyy long ass paddle

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by brandx View Post
    The longest paddles I've had at a beachbreak like delmarva was down in florida @ second light at patrick when it was big hurricane swell w/ three distinct breaks to make it through before getting outside - but on a good one you could link all three and go home happy.
    i was down in daytona last year for that huge groundswell in mid-march and the triple sandbar nonsense was pretty tough, and then a 4th break opened up outside of that which made it that much harder. but yeah, definitely worth it when u got the right ones.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by brandx View Post
    Ocean City never has a long paddle compared to most other spots, assateague is pretty far out there though especially when it's big - but it's not usually a tough paddle.
    wut...are you sure you have been out in a hurricane?

Images
    The outside sandbars around here are tough on the incoming tide ecspecially when theres a good hurricane swell and you have all that energy pushing over the sand to the inside deep pool..sucks getting stuck inside

assateague's paddle

If you dont think the assateague paddle is rough then you havent been out there when its big. Nov 4th, 2007, hurricane noel i believe, one of the hardest paddle outs i have ever encountered in my life. To the point where turning around seemed like the only option after 20 minutes

Hurricane's produce ground swell, It's the nor'easters that make the pain on the paddle. All that swell is just stacked up. And if you can make the paddle thru the beachbreaks here on that, you can make the paddle pretty much anywhere.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtythirty34 View Post
    If you dont think the assateague paddle is rough then you havent been out there when its big. Nov 4th, 2007, hurricane noel i believe, one of the hardest paddle outs i have ever encountered in my life. To the point where turning around seemed like the only option after 20 minutes

i definitely feel u on that. took about 10 minutes of getting hammered to get the hint that i needed to go in and regroup. made it out on the 2nd attempt, but still wasnt pretty.

the water on the sandbars in oc on low tide definitely pulls you off into the pool.

I've done the same thing - so excited to surf I run and jump into the water. Then 10 min into it I remembered I should have found a riptide!