LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Surf Injuries

Images

Surf Injuries

I was wonderin about what kinda injuries can keep u from being able to surf. My doctor thinks I have tendinitis in my shoulder or a torn rotator cuff. Shud I stay out of the water tomorrow or give it a shot. Also, I figured this would be a good thread so post some of your worst injuries uve gotten surfing or bodyboarding. Or in the water.

wb and you can find me at crystal and sweetwater and all over wb.
    i have multiple actually. 1st. was a torn akelis tendon from surfing im not sure what i did when i was surfing but i torethe akelis tendon not all the way though so i didnt have to get surgery but was out of the water for a long time. 2nd. was a knee injury and my left knee can dislocate as i was going for a floater and when i went to land i landed wrong and dislocated my knee and it can dislocate any time from now on pretty cool though. but i might have to get totall knee replacement when im older from what my doctors say.

I got hit in the head with my thick funboard and it made me blind for 2-3 minutes. I have hit sand hard. I also hate crotch chafing from all day sesions in boardshorts. Any way to prevent that?

Quote Originally Posted by wontonwonton View Post
    I got hit in the head with my thick funboard and it made me blind for 2-3 minutes. I have hit sand hard. I also hate crotch chafing from all day sesions in boardshorts. Any way to prevent that?
    The same thing happens to me!!! I camp down in Hatteras in the summer and after 2-3 days I can hardly walk!! I usually carry a bunch of desitin and vasaline and just load it up!
    I wanna get some Lycra shorts

Images

Wonton

Yeah. . . don't wear the boardshorts and forego the wax. As silky as a baby's butt.

Images
    baby powder helps with that...powder yourself up before your session and then after you shower...helps take away all the moisture..i would imagine vasaline works pretty well

gold bond that stuff works wonders. but theres a certain type of gold bond you dont wanna use as it will burn on your genitles and that hurts.

Got a bunch of injuries surfing, but the strangest thing was when I got a cut on each butt cheek in two consecutive sessions from falling on my fins. The second time broke off one of my fins. What's really weird is that the cuts are in the same spot but on opposite cheeks.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by wontonwonton View Post
    Try a pair of Hurley Phantoms.....There designed not to chafe.
    Last edited by Aguaholic; Feb 19, 2009 at 11:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aguaholic View Post
    Try a pair of Hurley Phantoms.....There designed not to chafe.

Oh and this one I guess is bad
    woah!! was that your head?