LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Duck Dive

Quote Originally Posted by akaBoardBoy View Post
    Hey all, I have been questioning myself about duck dive...
    Since I finally had money to buy 4/3 wetsuit three months ago so I can surfing in the 35-45 degrees water... but I noticed my duck dive is different now. My board is 6'2" Rusty Bob 2 1/4" thickness... When I duck dive with rough rip current, for example today waves in NJ, waves intend catch me and pulls me back and made me paddle longer ha....my board isn't buoy enough to dive and resist the rip current under the wave..... I only weights 160lbs and I assume with full wetsuit adds up 10-15lbs while in the ocean. So do you think with the wetsuit adds up weight on the board affects the duck dive?
    Hang Loose
    My cousin's husband who is an awesome surfer once told me if you're having trouble duck diving, then try pushing down one rail, then the other so that you can get deeper. That's how i learned and it worked for me.

seriously the most lame...

Ok I cant believe I took the time to read this thread. A suit does not effect a duck dive. And I need a 5 to deal with 54 degree water.... 35 degree water!!! Seriously sounds like this dude is straight off Man vs. Wild.

wb and you can find me at crystal and sweetwater and all over wb.
    Quote Originally Posted by conway View Post
    unlike wbsurfer
    not kewl man.

hehe kewl

Images
    im guessing by your original post that this is your first season surfin below 45 deg. your duckdives are affected becuse the water temp is flexing your muscles making you stiffer not to mention the full body rubber cast your wearing. just keep surfing and eventually youll learn to compensate whether its timing them a little earlier it so that the suit doesnt slow you down to get the proper depth or just putting a little more effort into them.

Images
    this happens to me too. I think it the extra boyancy that the thick wetsuit gives you

Talking

If I were this dude(thank god I'm not) I would be more concerned with learning the english language than I would be learning how to get out to the line-up. Obviously he is not gonna be making any money riding waves...and given his command(or lack there of) of the english language, he has bigger challenges to overcome to survive in this world. Remember...anyone can buy a degree on line!

Quote Originally Posted by Wavetucker View Post
    If I were this dude(thank god I'm not) I would be more concerned with learning the english language than I would be learning how to get out to the line-up. Obviously he is not gonna be making any money riding waves...and given his command(or lack there of) of the english language, he has bigger challenges to overcome to survive in this world. Remember...anyone can buy a degree on line!
    ya but only I can buy 2 degrees online and tey were both from schools aired during the Jerry springer commercials

Quote Originally Posted by atmcracer View Post
    ya but only I can buy 2 degrees online and tey were both from schools aired during the Jerry springer commercials
    So what you're saying is the credits won't transfer....

Quote Originally Posted by zach619 View Post

jamie obrien did a cool article a few years back in surfer mag. he said how once u go down on ur initial duckdive, to hold both rails;about mid way up the side, then move the board back and forth downwards, side to side and the board will drive u down deeper. its a weird screwdriver affect. im not too good at it, but jamie says he can get like 20 feet deep with his board in hand.
    I remember that article. He said he would come up with a bunch of kelp or duck dive underneath his buddies and pop up on the other side