LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 48

Thread: Duck Dive

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    MonCo NJ
    Posts
    355
    Quote Originally Posted by Salty View Post
    think about it - this is not rocket science! - wetsuits have air bubbles (that's how they help to insulate you against the cold!) - and they are buoyant - that's why scuba divers wear weight belts!
    The only person in this whole thread with a clue...

    The thicker the wetsuit you wear, the more buoyant you are in the water. A thicker wetsuit makes it harder to duck dive because you float more. That said, you should still be able to duck dive your Bob in a 4/3. Guys at Mavericks duck dive much bigger boards in 4/3's and 5/4's. The more you surf in the winter, the better you will get. And please, for the sake of us all, take an English Composition class.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    23
    Thank you for sharing your opinions...
    I am doing fine with 4/3 wetsuit, 7mm boot and 3mm glove in the water between 35-50 degrees. I thought my wetsuit is heavy for my board. But it is more buoyant. Whew, which means I don't have to shape the 2'1/2" thickness board or buy one.
    You guys sayin I don't have good english? My apologize, English is not my first language and I learned English about 3 years ago. So please respect alright?
    Hang Loose

  3. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by rDJ View Post
    The only person in this whole thread with a clue...

    The thicker the wetsuit you wear, the more buoyant you are in the water. A thicker wetsuit makes it harder to duck dive because you float more. That said, you should still be able to duck dive your Bob in a 4/3. Guys at Mavericks duck dive much bigger boards in 4/3's and 5/4's. The more you surf in the winter, the better you will get. And please, for the sake of us all, take an English Composition class.
    Sounds like you and Salty are starting a bromance....let us know if he really is "salty"

  4. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Wavetucker View Post
    My thoughts exactly!! I find it hard to believe a college actually accepted someone with your lack of skill set??? Forget trying to duck dive..you need to learn ENGLISH! I'm just curious..what did you score on your SAT's(math must have been your savior)?

    If anyone was not able to figure out from this guys post that english was not his primary language I find it hard to believe that any college would accept YOU! Seriously show the guy some respect, he's just asking a question. I believe knowing multiple languages is a pretty impressive skill set! Quit being assholes.

  5. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Jabajaw View Post
    If anyone was not able to figure out from this guys post that english was not his primary language I find it hard to believe that any college would accept YOU! Seriously show the guy some respect, he's just asking a question. I believe knowing multiple languages is a pretty impressive skill set! Quit being assholes.
    worrrrdddddd

  6. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Jabajaw View Post
    If anyone was not able to figure out from this guys post that english was not his primary language I find it hard to believe that any college would accept YOU! Seriously show the guy some respect, he's just asking a question. I believe knowing multiple languages is a pretty impressive skill set! Quit being assholes.
    Wow...you must be really smart....from all of 2 paragraphs you were able to tell this idiot is bi....lingual?? I'm curious how wide can you open your jaws??? Douc_ebag....

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Central Jersey
    Posts
    21
    ya i dont really think the suit makes a huge difference either...cuz i still duck dive the same in the winter as summer so stop givin urself excuses... your prob just not used to the heavier swells nj gets in the winter cuz our summer surf is usually pretty weak...

    just grab ur rails and push down harder and try usin ur knee to drive the board a little deeper if u need... that always helps me

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Central Jersey
    Posts
    21
    ya and i agree stop rippin on the poor kids english... nobodys perfect ... hes just tryin to ask a question

  9. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by locosteez View Post
    just grab ur rails and push down harder and try usin ur knee to drive the board a little deeper if u need... that always helps me
    Knee ???? use your whole leg...


  10. #40
    [QUOTE=epidemicepic;29752]Knee ???? use your whole leg...



    except in oc when doing that makes you scrub the sand haha