LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Ending a session

Does anyone else have the problem of ending a session without the last wave perfect

wb and you can find me at crystal and sweetwater and all over wb.
    i do. my body says go in im forzen then my brain says a few more waves you can do it. so i always stay out until the perfect wave comes.

i usually do, unless i get too frustrated because everyone knows it takes like what? 30 minutes to catch your last wave and then your pissed and you catch a terrible wave on the inside...i sometimes end my session early after a really good wave. Or when my body tells me too...like hannah, my arms just stopped moving at around 4 so i had to kick my way to the shore.

i feel the same way i cant wait to get out yet i just sit there looking lost waiting for one last ride

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyav13 View Post
    i sometimes end my session early after a really good wave.
    that's what i do. if i get a really good one, and it's a reasonable time to leave, i'll hack off the last 30 minutes or so in exchange for a big smile all the way home

i call that "the one more wave" syndrome, i have been out in the water for 8+ hours because of that

Quote Originally Posted by jettyhead View Post
    i call that "the one more wave" syndrome, i have been out in the water for 8+ hours because of that
    When it is a warm summer swell i find myself out there for about eight hours but i am often dissapointed recently because i can not get a lot

yea dawn patrol on thursday i was in for like 2 1/2 hrs. and I didn't strap up my boots tight enough so water was gettin in all session but I really wanted a last wave. I ended up taking in a not so amazing wave but i told myself to go in because i didnt want to get frostbite or some crazy **** like that. When I got on the beach I actually fell a couple times because i couldnt get my footing since my feet were frozen solid (couldnt feel em). I hate ending sessions like that. in fact, i hate ending sessions period!

Images
    yeah I think we all suffer from that. I get caught sometimes in pitch black water sown at south garbage like 1/4 out to see. I just wait and wait and wait for that last good set wave, next thing u know im slippin off reefs and hoping I angle to the shore properly.

the post sundown wait is the worst.

droppin in when u can't even see the flats, u just feel the wave and hope u can surf blind. its fu. tho when it works out.

**** gets creepy when u r out in the dark.

or if your out waiting for that last perfect session ending wave, and while your waiting, the tides change and the conditions start to completely SUCK, and that last perfect wave never comes