LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

boards to cold....

I put my board in a garage separate from the house and there is no heat. Would it be to cold out there for them thanks?

that's what i do. I built surf racks in my shed and theyre fine

Images
    Ever realize how cold the water is during the winter? I think they'll be fine.

BEWARE!!!!! If your board is at all waterlogged I would not put it in there. I have had a board ruined because of this. If the board has any water in it, the water will freeze and expand, and could ruin your board.

Think about what will happen if you leave a glass bottle full of water outside over night.

This could be the same fate as your surfboard.

The bottom line is no, never ever keep your board where its gonna dip below freezing

Quote Originally Posted by BonerSurfs View Post
    BEWARE!!!!! If your board is at all waterlogged I would not put it in there. I have had a board ruined because of this. If the board has any water in it, the water will freeze and expand, and could ruin your board.

Think about what will happen if you leave a glass bottle full of water outside over night.

The bottom line is no, never ever keep your board where its gonna dip below freezing
    Good advice. Never thought about it like that.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BonerSurfs View Post

I agree. And even if your board isn't "waterlogged" any board with normal use will have little surface cracks. wet board+surface crack+store below freezing = larger cracks.

wb and you can find me at crystal and sweetwater and all over wb.
    what about leaving them in a garage attached to your house?

if the garage is not heated (which most are not) then it is virtually the same thing as a detatched shed.

yea, those are good points but i mean i think my boards are good for the most part its not like it is below freezing here all the time during the winter any way.

actually an attached garage wouldnt be that bad considering it is an airspace insulator for the side of the house. So if you where going to build a surf rack in the attached garage try to put it closest to the heated portion of the house....I knew my HVAC class would come in use sometime