LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

leaving the east coast

Has anybody here ever done or known someone who just said f*** it, packed their bags, and moved to Hawaii?

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by endlessummer89 View Post
    Has anybody here ever done or known someone who just said f*** it, packed their bags, and moved to Hawaii?
    I know a few peeps that did that.

a good friend of mine did almost two years ago..

he's still there, currently giving surf lessons as his job. from what he tells me if you plan on living there awhile, it's a much different world then the east coast.

Images
    Plan on doing exactly this if I ever sell my house. I've had enough of cold winters and crappy waves.............

I had a few friends from the OBX do this. 2 guys did it for 5 years in Maui. Many others winters on the north shore.

Images
    Bro, I think about doing that every day. Charlie, I'm in OC, let's go!

Beat IT

Good, Hurry up and BEAT IT then!!!

Images
    working on it...

http://www.surfline.com/surfnews/art...3.cfm?id=21878

Allan Weisbecker's new journal entries on surfline are pretty interesting and relevant, and def. suggest reading In Search of Captain Zero.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieInOC View Post
    Plan on doing exactly this if I ever sell my house. I've had enough of cold winters and crappy waves.............
    I hear you man, cold weather and no waves means nothing else to do unless you have access to cash. i.e. mommy and daddy's money, or you have extra cash yourself with limited responsibilities. I lived in honolulu for about 4 months and I loved it. I came back for alot of wrong reasons and a couple of right ones. I have been dying to move back, but now I have a house, a child, another on the way, and I'm strapped for cash.