LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: board making

Images
    the oynes I alwas see for sale out here are the blanks that are already cut down. like 8 foot by 2 foot by like 6 inches. looks like a square funshape.

so I suppose they just slice down the blanks mitchell gets one more step and it makes them individual cut.

the large slabs r cheaper im sure, but I wouldn't have the equip to cut through a giant foam block.

i just finished my first eps/epoxy out of a us blanks superfused blank. super tight cell construction no filler needed. used three layers of glass on the deck and one on the bottom and the thing is solid. that board puts me around seventy boards. poly is easy to shape but a pain in the ass to glass, fumes suck. epoxy resin is so simple wish i listened to mitchell a year or so ago. it all comes down to how much time you want to put into it and if you are anal about every little detail. your board will not look like a show room board at first but thats a learning curve you will need to figure out on your own. i have some blanks i can part with and i am placing an order soon so shoot me an email if you are interested. c3boardwerks@hotmail.com

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rDJ View Post
    If you are in NJ, Tom Mahady of Mahady Surfboards will teach you to shape and glass in his shop in Wall, NJ and you keep the board at the end and the price is less than a surfboard in a shop.

http://www.mahadysurfboards.com

Nice. I live in wall. I'll have to check him out.

Design

http://aps3000.com/download

There was an article in i think surfing mag about this program, its really cool, its the program a lot of shapers use to design boards then they send them to the machines, its fun to design your own boards though. thought you might like this