LOGIN | REGISTER

Thread: reflection

reflection

So I was out at Assateague on Saturday morning around 830-9am and I'm not sure what caused it, but when I was in the water and looked back to shore, on the periphery of either side was a reflection of the ocean. I could see the faces of the waves breaking towards me. It was really neat. I was wondering if anyone else has seen something like this or if I just had too much to drink Friday night?

Easy on the absynthe my friend...haha

Images
    LSD is a very dangerous drug... Be careful with that stuff...

j/k, sounds cool!

Brick Township, New Jersey, United States
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by surfnut1018 View Post
    So I was out at Assateague on Saturday morning around 830-9am and I'm not sure what caused it, but when I was in the water and looked back to shore, on the periphery of either side was a reflection of the ocean. I could see the faces of the waves breaking towards me. It was really neat. I was wondering if anyone else has seen something like this or if I just had too much to drink Friday night?
    reflection from many, tiny, tiny glass particles in the sand that were warmed by the 70 degree air? 100% a guess btw. lol get a geology wizard in here

Images
    Aliens?!?!

thats crazy.....one time it was foggy here in jersey and it was super hot like 90 degrees and 58 degree water. there was sick fog i couldnt even see the beach but for some reason it sounded different like the waves were amplified. thats pretty weird......

Quote Originally Posted by tsurfn View Post
    thats crazy.....one time it was foggy here in jersey and it was super hot like 90 degrees and 58 degree water. there was sick fog i couldnt even see the beach but for some reason it sounded different like the waves were amplified. thats pretty weird......
    yea i sorta remember a day like that back in early june. I got off my bike and couldnt see the water from the boardwalk but I heard these crashing waves so I ran out all excited. But when I paddled out it was hardly chest high but it was so mushy and barely rideable because the waves kept dying out.

Quote Originally Posted by tsurfn View Post
    yeah that was crazy. it was like that for a week and every day it sounded big when i woke up, and well...it wasn't when i paddled out,very weak waist high mush. that 58degree water was terrible..that was like all of june and july right?

cocaine's one helluva drug