LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: water temp now

Quote Originally Posted by sponger View Post
    yeah i would say its deffinately not warm enough to go hoodless
    but mooooooooooom everyone else was going hoodless

Its not too bad if you go out and pull your hood down for a little. But taking more than 2 or 3 on the head sucks. It feels a little warmer than lets say 5 days ago. Anyone feel that way?

Images

Maybe a trend?

It would be especially nice to think this might be a trend instead of a bouy error, eh?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Images
    its no error. I just commented on the photo page. I just looked and the buoy is actually located inside the inlet (actually in the sound). So, its going to be influenced by the water temps in the sound.

If you click on the OC inlet buoy on the Swellinfo buoy map, it will take you to the NDBC page, and you will see the water temps rose from 42 to 48 over the last 12-15 hours.

What happened is the winds switched around to the N/NW, this brought in warmer water fromt the sound.

Perhaps, the water temp should be switched back to 44009.
    Last edited by Swellinfo; Mar 12, 2009 at 02:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Salty J View Post
    Still too cold for tourists!
    Ya, I only surf three to four months a year with everybody else from the mid-west. Hahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by machots View Post
    Its not too bad if you go out and pull your hood down for a little. But taking more than 2 or 3 on the head sucks. It feels a little warmer than lets say 5 days ago. Anyone feel that way?
    Have to agree here dude, Sunday wasnt anything special but I got pretty hot in my 5'4'since the air temp was in high 50's-low 60s, then pulled down hoodie and caught wave in. Then on way back of course got little set coming but had to duckdive and it truly sucked, my brain was frozen and hurt so I rushed to pull it back on before another spec of water touched my head.

I dont think it's healthy to not have hoodie on in 40 degree water regardless of air temperature. In fact, I heard that cold water temp actually can cause problems to our ears and def not good for brain either..haha.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dredg2 View Post
    Have to agree here dude, Sunday wasnt anything special but I got pretty hot in my 5'4'since the air temp was in high 50's-low 60s, then pulled down hoodie and caught wave in. Then on way back of course got little set coming but had to duckdive and it truly sucked, my brain was frozen and hurt so I rushed to pull it back on before another spec of water touched my head.

I dont think it's healthy to not have hoodie on in 40 degree water regardless of air temperature. In fact, I heard that cold water temp actually can cause problems to our ears and def not good for brain either..haha.
    surfers ear is no good. where the hood, and you should consider ear plugs as well.

Never really thought anything could happen. Thanks for the advice. The hood will just have to stay on a little longer...

Images
    hey quick question....When does the water in OC usually get back into the mid 50s?...im used to jersey water. thanks.

Brick Township, New Jersey, United States
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by frylock89 View Post
    hey quick question....When does the water in OC usually get back into the mid 50s?...im used to jersey water. thanks.
    NEVER BWAHAHAHAHA. lol looking at charts, seems like april