LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: water temp now

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by frylock89 View Post
    hey quick question....When does the water in OC usually get back into the mid 50s?...im used to jersey water. thanks.
    mid 50's, were talking late april.

at the earliest. i recall mid 50s in early june on numerous years

Images

water temp

i dont go in during the winter, but what water temp do you usually take off your heavy wetsuit and hood and other stuff like gloves and booties??

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by NJ SPONGIN View Post
    i dont go in during the winter, but what water temp do you usually take off your heavy wetsuit and hood and other stuff like gloves and booties??
    I'd say May. It varies year to year, but sometime during the month of May you can switch over to the 3/2. Definitiely no gloves in May.

70 boardies. 66-69 spring or short arm full. 59 degrees and up 3/2. 56-58 3/2 with boots. 52-55 3/2(a good one) or 4/3 and gloves and boots. 52- below the heavy stuff. That's what I follow.

wb and you can find me at crystal and sweetwater and all over wb.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyav13 View Post
    70 boardies. 66-69 spring or short arm full. 59 degrees and up 3/2. 56-58 3/2 with boots. 52-55 3/2(a good one) or 4/3 and gloves and boots. 52- below the heavy stuff. That's what I follow.
    i never wear a hoodie just grow your hair out and u will be okay on the head. but the thing i follow is 70+ boardshorts, then 65-70 boardies and a wetsuit top, then below 64 or so depending on air and what not i will wear a top or just my suit. then below 60 i bring out the 4/3. 55-50 4/3 with booties and gloves and same for all the other temps. but this year when we had the freak snow down at wrightsvill beach as i live in the south east i wore a hoodie. buyt if its not snowing i will not wear a hoodie. but its up to you if you want a hoodie or what not.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by wbsurfer View Post
    i never wear a hoodie just grow your hair out and u will be okay on the head. but the thing i follow is 70+ boardshorts, then 65-70 boardies and a wetsuit top, then below 64 or so depending on air and what not i will wear a top or just my suit. then below 60 i bring out the 4/3. 55-50 4/3 with booties and gloves and same for all the other temps. but this year when we had the freak snow down at wrightsvill beach as i live in the south east i wore a hoodie. buyt if its not snowing i will not wear a hoodie. but its up to you if you want a hoodie or what not.
    Dude, you're gonna get surfer's ear you crazy mongoose!
    But the air temp dictates what you wear more so than the water. My opinion.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by wbsurfer View Post
    but you live in wrightsville beach, thats why you dont wear a hood. You would would want one if you traveled north.

wb and you can find me at crystal and sweetwater and all over wb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swellinfo View Post
    but you live in wrightsville beach, thats why you dont wear a hood. You would would want one if you traveled north.
    i dont know i would rather freeze my ears off then have my hearing restricted by a hood.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Swellinfo View Post
    I only wear a hood when the air's cold though, so really I'm not much better...