LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bali 2008

Images

Thumbs up Bali is heaven on earth!!!

Some advice for you younger guys who don't have alot of ties, go to Bali and stay for as long as you can. I went last year for the first time with my son and it is truely an amazing place. The waves are insane almost every single day, and the life on land is too. Aside from the flight out, it is very cheap to live and the people are very friendly. I can tell you that I'll be back for sure. BTY are you any relations to Tim? He's from OC and hooked us up out there real well. Great guy and would help any OC'ers going out.

yeah tim is my brother! he had us hooked up the whole time out there. from the house we stayed in to the side trips to north Bali he was there. he is in the video too, for a second on the boat and he is wearing the camo boardshorts during the dive

Images
    I'm surprised you're not out there full-time with your brother. He is living the dream for sure and I envy him big time. I can't thank him enough for what he did for us while we were there. We were out in June and then headed to Mentawais. It was without a doubt the best trip I ever took!!!!!

haha he is always telling me to live out there. problem is that i cant afford it. its cheap to live there but there is no way i could get a job out there. and i dont have the money saved up to where i could move there for a few months. he offered me an internship but he cant pay me.

Images
    Tell him I'll work for waves..............as long as I can take off when the surf is good. Probably won't get much done though.

Images
    Cool vid......not bad for your first at all. I have a ton of video from Barbados that I have been working on. This will be my first video as well. It just takes sooo damn long.

Quote Originally Posted by Aguaholic View Post
    Cool vid......not bad for your first at all. I have a ton of video from Barbados that I have been working on. This will be my first video as well. It just takes sooo damn long.
    i was expecting this take me atleast a week or two to finish but i ended up getting it done in like 3 days, few hours each day.

good luck with your vid!

Images
    clips were sweet.. I liked the cliff shot and then the random stuffed animal hahaha. I would change the letter font/color and some of the textured fades into the next clips. Other than that I thought it was pretty dope

that video was pretty sick, ive never made a video, but i can see it being pretty time consuming, next time anyone in oc goes to bali ill jump in their board bag and go along for the ride

Images
    what are the lineups like in bali? im thinking about going next summer. is it crowded? lots of travelling surfistas?