LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Lavallette, Nj
    Posts
    69

    Forecast keeps changin

    sunday...what should we expect for jersey...a few hours ago it downgraded to thigh high..now its back to waist with occ chest ..so whats the story

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    595
    Images
    81
    Keep looking at it. By sunday it'll change another 15 times. Keep looking at it, the weather, and check it yourself. Eyes are much better than a prediction when it comes to whether or not you should go out. Forecast is just a guide to help determine that.

  3. #3
    here's the story.....

    first you gotta take the average of the two wave heights mentioned, extract a size (number) from that average, and manipulate it so that there is one squared term, one linear term, and one constant (put in quadratic form). Then, you gotta complete the square in order to find the vertex which will give you the highest wave height for that day. Those will be the plus sets and most other sets will be 2/3 that result.

    hahahaha... I'm in the midst of studying for an algebra 2 final right now hahahaha

    p.s. i think i just lost my mind... this studying is really getting to me after a long day of baseball practice.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Lewes, DE
    Posts
    5,377
    Images
    121
    Quote Originally Posted by njsurf609 View Post
    sunday...what should we expect for jersey...a few hours ago it downgraded to thigh high..now its back to waist with occ chest ..so whats the story
    the forecast is upgraded twice per day, once in the morning and once in the early evening. So, i'm not sure what you are referring to.

    In any case, if you haven't realized this by now, that the extended day forecast can change quite easily. This is because east coast forecasts are largely based off of atmospheric model wind data. Sunday looks to offer potential with light winds.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Monmouth County, NJ
    Posts
    205

    Question

    Quote Originally Posted by Swellinfo View Post
    the forecast is upgraded twice per day, once in the morning and once in the early evening. So, i'm not sure what you are referring to.

    In any case, if you haven't realized this by now, that the extended day forecast can change quite easily. This is because east coast forecasts are largely based off of atmospheric model wind data. Sunday looks to offer potential with light winds.
    Hey Micah,

    I know the forecast is updated twice a day, but my screen shows the time around 10ish for both AM and PM EDT updates, when I know they are posted much earlier. My PC time is correct - any ideas?

    Thanks,
    Fresh

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by DJFresh View Post
    Hey Micah,

    I know the forecast is updated twice a day, but my screen shows the time around 10ish for both AM and PM EDT updates, when I know they are posted much earlier. My PC time is correct - any ideas?

    Thanks,
    Fresh
    same here.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Lewes, DE
    Posts
    5,377
    Images
    121
    the time is incorrect, its showing GMT time... I'll get this fixed.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Monmouth County, NJ
    Posts
    205
    Quote Originally Posted by Swellinfo View Post
    the time is incorrect, its showing GMT time... I'll get this fixed.
    Thanks Man.

    Question: Do you ever sleep?

    BTW: Happy belated BDay.

  9. #9
    ocean city nj looks like we'll have fun surf all weekend, lights winds, and sunny sky's, what else could you want. hopefully the forcast doesn't change for the worse

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyav13 View Post
    ocean city nj looks like we'll have fun surf all weekend, lights winds, and sunny sky's, what else could you want. hopefully the forcast doesn't change for the worse
    Winds looks light for both days, if saturday holds with N wind at 5-10kts wont matter much if waist-chest high--should still be fun and then sunday will be even cleaner. hit it.