LOGIN | REGISTER

Hybrid View

Images

Firewire Surfboards

I'm looking to get one. Anyone out there have one? What's your take on them?
    Like? No like???
    Opinions?

Images
    anyone? beuller?

i have been riding a firewire for about two years now and am still happy with it, it has held up really well.

Images
    I have a Firewire 5'6" Fish. Super light and floaty. They have great flex. It took a reef hit in Barbados and all that happened was a scrap. Super strong but not indestructible. I would get another.

liquid has one cheap i think 399?

Images
    This was was my take from another thread on a PU or Epoxy debate...Check out Firewire Surfboards. You kinda get the best of both worlds with a stringerless EPS blank thats vacuum bagged in a epoxy shell and that has parabolic balsa rails. Besides being super durable the flex is amazing. What sold me was the guy at the shop flipped upside down, stepped on it and pressed it to the floor.Try that with a poly and you'll have broken or flex cracked board. I bought a 6'6" tri but they have a full line of shapes. I gave mine a good workout in Nicaragua and the spring and snaps out of turns was amazing. I have plenty of poly boards and love them but I think the Firewires are making the best new technology style boards. Good luck!