LOGIN | REGISTER

Thread: Costa Rica

Images

Costa Rica

Anyone who is interested in traveling to Costa Rica let me know and I can help you out with information. I have traveled there dozens of times of the past several years and own a place in Playa Jaco. The southern hemisphere season is just getting started which means days of consistent head high surf in places such as Playa Hermosa. If you've never been you gotta go and check it out......you won't be disappointed!

Pura Vida!

the spamming is getting annoying...you've got a condo in Jaco to rent. Got it!

Pura Vida!
    Last edited by scotty; Mar 23, 2009 at 08:38 PM.

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by imperial View Post
    Anyone who is interested in traveling to Costa Rica let me know and I can help you out with information. I have traveled there dozens of times of the past several years and own a place in Playa Jaco. The southern hemisphere season is just getting started which means days of consistent head high surf in places such as Playa Hermosa. If you've never been you gotta go and check it out......you won't be disappointed!

Pura Vida!
    Why stay in Jaco when you can stay at the Sandpiper In, in Hermosa where it is more consistent and just a straight up better wave (the board breaking type)...

Brick Township, New Jersey, United States
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JMD View Post
    Why stay in Jaco when you can stay at the Sandpiper In, in Hermosa where it is more consistent and just a straight up better wave (the board breaking type)...
    I was thinking about a trip in late august to september and was wondering if anyone knows a roundabout cost for a 2-3 week trip. Hah just wondering to see if it'd be cheap enough to be able to get ANY loans from my parents!

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pvjumper05 View Post
    I was thinking about a trip in late august to september and was wondering if anyone knows a roundabout cost for a 2-3 week trip. Hah just wondering to see if it'd be cheap enough to be able to get ANY loans from my parents!

thanks
    I recommend this place:

http://www.sandpipercostarica.com/co...rcostarica.com

Stayed there about two weeks ago and it was perfect. They have the rates listed on the site somewhere and for inquiries the guys e-mail is at the bottom. His name is Greg he owns the place and he actually stays at the hotel. It is a great place to stay and is fairly cheap compared to the Backyard Hotel and the few other places in the area. There is a good breakfast place in walking distance and also a pizza place that has a internet cafe. The pizza is actually really good too. Also a liquor store...all in walking distance. The food is very cheap but dinner can sometimes get expensive. Just watch what you buy...
    The hotel also has its own restaurant but it only serves dinner. Great food and the barmaid is supper hot...

You really get treated like family at the place. Greg has a big ass Van and you can even arrange to have him come pick you up at the airport. He took us on a few trips to Jaco (the closets town) for free and it just was a really good time. Really felt like family, I would go back in a hot minute. Also, for a couple of the days one of the Ticos who work at the hotel took us up north and we had a blast at Bocca (second longest point break in the world).

This time of year the surf starts to switch over at Hermosa from Heavy to even Heavier. You will get waves. Hermosa is never flat but it is very tide dependent and the wind is only offshore for a few hours in the AM. Usually it switches back offshore in the PM before dark so you will be able to at least get two really good sessions in a day. A few days I got 3 in.

The only problem is that it will look flat for a few hours in the day like really flat but then when high tide starts to come in the waves will get BIG. It is the "Porto Escondido/Pipeline of Costa" the waves break very close to the beach and they consume a lot of boards when it is on.

It is also a good base of operations because if Hermosa is maxing out and really big you know that almost all of the spots up north (Jaco, Bocca, Roca, Playa Escon) are all working/really fun.

pvjumper if you have anymore questions or anything shoot me a PM because I can make long posts!

P.S. I did not name drop on any spots...if you have ever been to Costa these spots are VERY VERY VERY well known. I kept the "secret spots" close lipped.

Quote Originally Posted by JMD View Post
    I recommend this place:

http://www.sandpipercostarica.com/co...rcostarica.com

Stayed there about two weeks ago and it was perfect. They have the rates listed on the site somewhere and for inquiries the guys e-mail is at the bottom. His name is Greg he owns the place and he actually stays at the hotel. It is a great place to stay and is fairly cheap compared to the Backyard Hotel and the few other places in the area. There is a good breakfast place in walking distance and also a pizza place that has a internet cafe. The pizza is actually really good too. Also a liquor store...all in walking distance. The food is very cheap but dinner can sometimes get expensive. Just watch what you buy...
    The hotel also has its own restaurant but it only serves dinner. Great food and the barmaid is supper hot...

You really get treated like family at the place. Greg has a big ass Van and you can even arrange to have him come pick you up at the airport. He took us on a few trips to Jaco (the closets town) for free and it just was a really good time. Really felt like family, I would go back in a hot minute. Also, for a couple of the days one of the Ticos who work at the hotel took us up north and we had a blast at Bocca (second longest point break in the world).

This time of year the surf starts to switch over at Hermosa from Heavy to even Heavier. You will get waves. Hermosa is never flat but it is very tide dependent and the wind is only offshore for a few hours in the AM. Usually it switches back offshore in the PM before dark so you will be able to at least get two really good sessions in a day. A few days I got 3 in.

The only problem is that it will look flat for a few hours in the day like really flat but then when high tide starts to come in the waves will get BIG. It is the "Porto Escondido/Pipeline of Costa" the waves break very close to the beach and they consume a lot of boards when it is on.

It is also a good base of operations because if Hermosa is maxing out and really big you know that almost all of the spots up north (Jaco, Bocca, Roca, Playa Escon) are all working/really fun.

pvjumper if you have anymore questions or anything shoot me a PM because I can make long posts!

P.S. I did not name drop on any spots...if you have ever been to Costa these spots are VERY VERY VERY well known. I kept the "secret spots" close lipped.

I will second that! Greg is the man. His bike powered airplane is hanging up in the Smithsonian next the Wright Bros plane. Sick! haha

But for real, sandpiper is by far the best spot due to the owners great upkeep and his uncompromising hospitality.