LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Images

Ocean City, NJ Question

Is it true that you have to pay a FEE to go on the beach in season ?????

WTF?? thats F'ed up if that's true.

(no fee in OC in MD, just gotta deal with dummies from PA and wherever else, but that's every EC beach in the summer)

many NJ beaches have a fee in the summer (beach tags)

beach tags

You have to pay a "fee" to get on every NJ beach, all or least 99% require beach badges, daily weekly or seasonal. All have various rates and exceptions. You also have to pay a "fee" drive on our roads to park its more than 1.50 an hour to park at most beaches. The state has even now increased the taxes to smoke and drink. So Dont come here its not worth it.

Images
    Actually, a lot of beaches don't have parking meters. Only real big tourist towns have meters.

Images
    that's why you hop the boardwalks...only high schoolers work as the beach tag checkers. doesn't take much of a brain to get by them

Images
    I really hate that about New Jersey. Paying meters is one thing, but paying to get on the beach sucks... And, then doing both is even worse.

I guess they have to pay for the beach replenishment costs some way or another. Better to come from the tourists then local city tax payers?

Images
    dude if you buy beach tags your a shoobie, i lived in oc all my life and have never owned a tag, heres what to say, if your walking to get on the beach and they ask to see one, tell them your mom, dad, husband or wife is on the beach with all the tags, works every day and every year

Images
    HAHAHA I do that too...theyre just like..well ok..and let you go. that or if you go to the southern and northern beaches and walk down/up to where you want to go works too.

Images
    i just sneak in

Sneaking in or jumping the boards is the obvious solution, but still what in the world does the state do with all the money we give them? Why are beaches in other states free. Its almost as if they charge admission to the beach just to cover the pay of the tag nags and all that it is involved with beach badges. Also the pay to park deals, does it make sense to charge people to park to pay parking meter maids and all the ridicolous court costs involved with parking violations?