LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Images

facebook - swellinfo integration

I'd like some opinions please. I dont know how many of you are currently registered on swellinfo under your facebook accounts, but this functionality exists. I was originally planning on integrating facebook into the entire site, so that when someone uploads a photo, submits a video, or adds a forum post or surf report, it automatically asks (or not ask) to post this to your facebook page.

Do you like this idea? Yea or Ne? As it stands now, you can share everything to facebook and other social networks by using the share links... but would your rather have the automated facebook linkage. Or do you think, you would rather manually post to facebook when you want and not deal with a regular popup asking whether you want to share or not?

Looking for opinions?

Thumbs up facebook

I say yes, can we also do myspace
    doug bixby http://www.swellinfo.com/forum/member.php?u=7581

Meh...

I'm fairly indifferent. I'm not using my FB account because I don't really use FB in that way, but maybe it could be cool.

Thumbs up profile page

can you set up our profile page to download videos?
    thanks doug bixby ( http://www.swellinfo.com/forum/member.php?u=7581 )

Images
    My accounts are linked, but I've been having trouble posting threads to FB. It won't allow me. I can cancel it only. I Started a thread about this problem a little bit ago, but not sure if you saw it.

I'd say stick to the manual posting, cause not all of the things that are posted here are FB material.

But you could at least make the option to use a fully-integrated system. I would REALLY like to post swell data and maps on my FB page. FB is like my only communication with my friends. I don't use a cell phone, so I can post maps when it's gonna be worth it for my friends to come down to surf. That would be a big help.

I personally don't have a facebook account... don't want one. but I have friends that fix computers for a living and have been telling me that the facebook bugs are keeping them busy, so I say steer clear.

This is a really good site as it is. Suits the waverider well.

A Myspace connection may be cool due to the fact that artists/musicians have an avenue of exposure there and that may be able to lead to joint productions, but facebook to my knowlege has none of that and is just high school/ old friend type BS that invites spammers and trouble. Most of my old friends are left in the past for a reason. Don't get me wrong, myspace is on the same page to an extent, but still represents the artist to a degree.

Post Myrtle beach surf report

ECSPONGER,
    THANKS DUDE FOR THE INFO. AS FAR AS WHAT YOU WANTED TO DO POST DATA AND MAPS . TRY WIGGETS AT THE TOP RIGHT OF THE SWELLINFO PAGE, OR COPY AND PASTE THE EMBED TABE AT THE BOTTOMOF THE MAP.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-wLqvyyURQ //// STOP BY AND CHECK US OUT LOCATED IN DOWNTON MYRTLE BEACH JUST 3 BLOCKS FROM THE BEACH.

Images

Just make sure

I think the facebook integration is a good idea. But please make sure that the option is provided to 'turn off' the connection to our Facebook account, so that anyone who does not want to post things back to their profile is not bothered with a popup everytime they do anything on this site.

I login to mapmyrun.com using my facebook account, and everytime I create a new map or entry in my training log I am bothered with a popup to post to facebook.

Its a good idea, but you deff. need to intagrate a feature to turn it off. I think a regular pop-up will get very annoying, but i also think that a lot of people will enjoy the feature.

Images
    thanks for the feedback. The way it is now, if you go to the forum home page, and log out, you will see the option to log in through facebook. And, for all of you who already have swellinfo accounts, you can connect your facebook login with your existing Swellinfo account.

So, the way it works, is if you connect through facebook, every time you post, a pop up comes up asking you if you want to post the thread link back to your facebook profile. There is an option to have this done automatically, so there is no popup.

But, of course, if you just login with your swellinfo account, then you can avoid any of this (turning it off).

The option is there right now for forum posts, so use it if you like, and if you dont want to then just stick with the regular swellinfo login.

I guess my main curiosity was if people wanted this fully integrated this into swellinfo for videos, photos, surf reports, etc.