LOGIN | REGISTER

Thread: New Surfer

New Surfer

Ya ya i have read that stuff about if you don't surf don't start but w/e

First time i have surfed was this past weekend. My buddie brought several boards and wet suits and took me out (surf side near the jettys) Was out there 5 hours my first day (ribs kinda hurt but ill get over it) I pick up my first board friday(7'6'' Stewert) and am taking the day off from work to go out cause the surf dies saturday. I have been eating up everything there is to know about surfing since saturday have been through 3 magizines, 2 movies (In Gods Hands was awesome!!!) and COUNTLESS blogs. So the question is any suggestions? tips? ideas? comments?

Images
    ya, suggestion, whoever tells you if you dont surf dont start, is a hypocrite. Everyone has to start sometime, and once get going you'll be hooked. But, beware, it is a disease. This disease has side effects of not being able to keep appointment/dates, missing family events, and having a hard time working a regular 9-5 job.

Quote Originally Posted by Swellinfo View Post
    ya, suggestion, whoever tells you if you dont surf dont start, is a hypocrite. Everyone has to start sometime, and once get going you'll be hooked. But, beware, it is a disease. This disease has side effects of not being able to keep appointment/dates, missing family events, and having a hard time working a regular 9-5 job.
    have already found that out calling in sick friday to go surfing......

Smile

surfside is always better at the jetties but its smaller.. im hoping saterday morning is glassy.welcome aboard and dont tell your work you are surfing.....

Images
    finally my girlfriend understands that surfing comes first lol
    and my work

Off to the beach today gonna be out there all day and prob do some night surfing since we have a whole group going.....after i get some time in at the beach in a few months i wanna do tanker surfing....anyone up to get a team together to go?

you are so ****ed this disease is worse then aids and herpes combined and there is no known rehab but on the bright side you can now prance around in a full body rubber suit and not feel like a perv

keep tryn to surf but at the same time stay out peoples way

Angry

all i got to say is surfside was pretty damn clean today