LOGIN | REGISTER

Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1

    Bradley vs Belmar

    Wanted to get an idea from people if there is much of a difference between these two beaches. I've been surfing in Belmar and I'm sick of the crowds in the summer, I figured that Bradley would be less crowded, maybe less garbage as well......are the two surf beaches pretty similar?

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by njtransplant View Post
    Wanted to get an idea from people if there is much of a difference between these two beaches. I've been surfing in Belmar and I'm sick of the crowds in the summer, I figured that Bradley would be less crowded, maybe less garbage as well......are the two surf beaches pretty similar?
    Belmar is filled to the brim with young college kids ready to party on weekdays as well as the clueless bennies. However, there are bennies in Bradley as well, and where there are bennies, there's always a trail of garbage (even though every beach entrance is equipped with 10 trash cans)...

    Basically during the summer, everywhere is crowded... except for maybe Gunnison Beach! hahaha have fun with that

  3. #3
    If you don't want to encounter the bennies during the summer just head down to the gay beach...they stay away from that area. Close to the pier...can't miss it!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    595
    Images
    81
    There is a crowd everywhere you go during the summer. Best bet - surf pre 9am or post 5pm

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by tbing View Post
    There is a crowd everywhere you go during the summer. Best bet - surf pre 9am or post 5pm
    yea that was my next comment. I do however know of one place a little north of Bradley that can be potentially uncrowded when those two spots are packed, but I don't wan't to give it away for any locals who want to keep it uncrowded for the select few decent summer days. One of my friends went there a lot this summer instead of Bradley and she said it was a lot less crowded = more waves

  6. #6
    I think I will be searching for that spot......and when I said garbage, I meant physical garbage on the beach as well as the crowd.......

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Davy Jones' Locker
    Posts
    1,386
    Images
    64
    Dude!! they are less then a mile apart. Take a walk/drive and look.

    There are a bunch of spots with uncrowded line ups. All up and down the coast. Either you are new to the area or you are just inexperienced. oh, btw people (a little north of Bradley).......don't go there or the locals will give you a shotgun facelift.
    Last edited by Aguaholic; Mar 26, 2009 at 03:31 PM.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Belmar
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by bzboarder17 View Post
    If you don't want to encounter the bennies during the summer just head down to the gay beach...they stay away from that area. Close to the pier...can't miss it!
    BZboarder17, I recommend you edit your post to leave out dirctions/spot locations. I'd hate to see you get an ass-pounding of a different nature at the location you mentioned. It' not crowded there (often) for a reason, and we prefer to keep it that way.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by trashinwb View Post
    BZboarder17, I recommend you edit your post to leave out dirctions/spot locations. I'd hate to see you get an ass-pounding of a different nature at the location you mentioned. It' not crowded there (often) for a reason, and we prefer to keep it that way.
    ohoooooooooooo haha.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Brick Township, New Jersey, United States
    Posts
    686
    Images
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by trashinwb View Post
    bzboarder17, i recommend you edit your post to leave out dirctions/spot locations. I'd hate to see you get an ass-pounding of a different nature at the location you mentioned. It' not crowded there (often) for a reason, and we prefer to keep it that way.
    **** em up!