LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Water Temp

I lost a glove last winter during a big swell ( I think it was noel). I had another set of gloves, but one dry rotted. No money to buy new, so now I paddle around with one 3 mil webbed glove, and one 5 mil regular glove. Kinda sucks because one hand is cold and I keep swimming in circles.

If ur going to just buy the gear,You get 2 or 3 seasons out of it and you can stay out alot longer.VA beach last sun 5 hours .4/3 suit 3mil gloves 5mil boots. Just hit the water and do what we do.

Images
    looks like the water is finally beginning to warm up. oc md is showing 51 degrees and the OBX is right around there too. I can't wait to shed that rubber!

it says frisco and buxton is 65....is that the bouy? whats near shore?

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ECsponger View Post
    I tried going out without gloves and a hood back in Oct/Nov and I nearly cried.
    hahahah whhhaaaatt. in early november its 3/2 and boots at the most. almost cried?.... waters still in the mid to high 50's.

Quote Originally Posted by jk06385 View Post
    hahahah whhhaaaatt. in early november its 3/2 and boots at the most. almost cried?.... waters still in the mid to high 50's.
    I was about to say the same thing...

I remember last fall we got a very decent swell mid November and I was in a 3/2 with no boots/gloves/hood....

The walk from the street/beach to the water sucked though because the sand/street was really cold but the water was fine.

Images
    OCMD buoy now up to 57. Wish there were waves in the bay behind OC (other than that peeler next to the RT 50 bridge)