LOGIN | REGISTER

Hybrid View

Images

Costa Rica or Puerto Escondido?

Next year im going to go to either costa rica or puerto escondido, wich one do you guys think i should go to for two weeks in february? Im looking for what has better waves, and i need your opinion.

costa. it will be head high everyday and perfect. i went last year and had time of my life. i dont know much about puerto escondido

Images
    puerto escondido can get really beast, costa on the other hand will probably head high at the most.

Images
    in puerto escondido, ive seen waves at least 27ft. They were so big that when they would break, if you were on the beach running you'd fall down and if you were on a street next to the beach, it would shake and its really loud! But the only bad thing is, 25 feet is a little to big for me. the biggest wave ive surfed was probably about 16 ft in st. thomas to be honest.

Images
    You rode Hull Bay at 16 foot!!! When I was was there last year during one of those storms of the century late march 2008 it was only just over head if I remember right. Had a friend go to escondito with his brother. First paddle out on a head high day his brother took a wave right into his back and it broke both his back and the board under him . Go to Costa.

Images
    depends on what you are looking for. I've been to both places.

Puerto Escondido is the heaviest wave I have ever surfed. Giant barrels that close out the majority of the time. It gets big, really big. Puerto is an extremely easy trip, because you'll stay right in front of the break and just walk there.

If you want to surf moderate sized, less threatening waves, then Puerto is not the place for you. If you are just looking for that one mental shack that will make your trip, then ya, go for it.