LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Images
    i want to go to a different place, ive been to puerto a lot because my brother owns a condo space down there. i would like to try something different you get what i mean?

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mexsurfer View Post
    i want to go to a different place, ive been to puerto a lot because my brother owns a condo space down there. i would like to try something different you get what i mean?
    looks like you answered your question.

Images
    i love costa. just the vibe there beats anywhere i surf. and haha well most people on here probably dont know the spot that im talking about, but actually in costa, there is a spot just south of hermosa and esterillos, there is a break called escondido. only accesible by boat. its nothing like the real escon but still so much fun there. here is a video of the spot..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pCJg_39A-k

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Swellinfo View Post
    looks like you answered your question.
    ha ha, i didnt notice that.

I love Costa, can't say enough good things about it. I lived there for a year and my wife is from there, but Jan and Feb are the worst months of the year as far as surf (on the Pacific) and the most crowded. The Caribe will be BIG, not sure about the crowds, just went there in Nov and March, but there they are mainly reefs so small take off zones so the crowds can be small but still a pain. I would check out Costa just for the experience but try and go in a different month if you can, and just bring a rocket fish and you can ride anything, unless you go the the Caribe.

Toomy, you arent the rancho coral tommy are you?

I have no idea what you are talking about, so no.

Just got back from 2 weeks in Puerto and have spent many months in Costa. Unless you like getting worked the hardest you every will in your life, go to Costa. Feb is not the season for Puerto neither is March really but I got kinda lucky. The real south swells start to hit the beach break later in the spring and make it less closed out. Having said that, there is another spot near by that loves the SW swells we scored. Costa usually always has playful good waves and many more places to surf near by...

Here is a good Puerto cam

http://www.puertoescondidoinfo.com/puertocam.html

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Joyner View Post
    Just got back from 2 weeks in Puerto and have spent many months in Costa. Unless you like getting worked the hardest you every will in your life, go to Costa. Feb is not the season for Puerto neither is March really but I got kinda lucky. The real south swells start to hit the beach break later in the spring and make it less closed out. Having said that, there is another spot near by that loves the SW swells we scored. Costa usually always has playful good waves and many more places to surf near by...

Here is a good Puerto cam

http://www.puertoescondidoinfo.com/puertocam.html
    chris, you have fun? how big did it get for you?

Quote Originally Posted by Swellinfo View Post
    chris, you have fun? how big did it get for you?
    We caught the beach break soild dbl OH and the boogie spot around the corner with an occasional 8 to 10 foot a-frame peak moving to a few foot oh line. Nothing epic but plenty of power at that size as you know. The sand is getting perfect now as well. We saw positive change in the time we were there.

Saw you are going there in April, should be a blast. I can give you a few local boogie names that are beyond cool and will hook you up.