LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Images

ipod and surfing

has anyone seen or used those housings for the ipods for out in the water? If so, does it work well?

Don't listen to an ipod while surfing.. that defeats the purpose of "getting away from it all". Plus if everyones listening to their music ppl are going to be dropping in on each other left right and, well i guess not center, but left and right.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by NSsurfer View Post
    Don't listen to an ipod while surfing.. that defeats the purpose of "getting away from it all". Plus if everyones listening to their music ppl are going to be dropping in on each other left right and, well i guess not center, but left and right.
    I wasn't planning on actually getting one. I was more less curious and would think that the head phones would just pop out when your duck diving under some furious white water and what not.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by super fish View Post
    I wasn't planning on actually getting one. I was more less curious and would think that the head phones would just pop out when your duck diving under some furious white water and what not.
    i have the H2O Audio arm strap, but I use it for swimming laps--works well. I wouldn't recommend surfing with the iPod for the "dropping in" reason stated above.

I too was curious about this and started a similar thread months ago when there were ads for the swimp3 player on this site. Might be good for those days when the conditions aren't really great and there is alot of time between rideable waves, but you just have to get in the water anyway.

Images
    I have one.....I occasionally use it when i spear fish. I have used it surfing before without any problems. But, like stated not the best idea and could cause ass whoopings. However, you could get away with it when it's just you and a few out.

weak

perfect. not trashing your post super fish. however i feel like it would be lame if people started doing this. cant wait for the first summer kook to be wearing a pair, especially if they drop in

Images
    I agree it would probably look stupid, but like I said before; wasn't planning on getting one and was just curious to see if it actually worked.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by super fish View Post
    I agree it would probably look stupid, but like I said before; wasn't planning on getting one and was just curious to see if it actually worked.
    yes, it works. pretty well i might add

how can it cause drop ins? can't you just look? idk i think it would pretty cool to get amped while surfing. i feel it would be a pain in the ass to wear though.