LOGIN | REGISTER

Images

Smile Time to Shed Some Rubber?

I know the water temp is still low, but I got out yesterday just to goof off in a 3/2 but still with gloves/booties/hood combo.. wasn't a bad 2 hours!

Keep these air temps up and pretty soon we'll be able to lose the hoods... but not quite yet!

Images
    What does the temp have to be to go out with 3/2 and booties and gloves?

Images
    Anything warmer than the last few months... whenever it feels good enough to lose a layer

Images
    Yea i went out friday night and the 3/2 got the job done with the warmer air temps

Quote Originally Posted by Zansurf View Post
    Yea i went out friday night and the 3/2 got the job done with the warmer air temps
    same here... chilly after about 2 hours tho

No hoods!

I am not sure where you guys are from, but in delaware we dropped the hoods and the mils! My set-up now is 4/3-3 mil boots, 5 mil gloves and a couple guys had 3/2's on. The sun has been cooking with these west winds. I do believe the water temps are behind schedule and still seasonably cold.

f'd up the zipper on my 5/4 yesterday and hit it for 2 hours in the 3/2 today and felt great. btw, that zipper completely jumped the tracks, anybody know how to fix it?

Images
    depending on what company it is send that **** back i know rip curl has a lifetime warranty.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DPR View Post
    What does the temp have to be to go out with 3/2 and booties and gloves?
    Whatever you're comfortable in. Some people have a tolerance for the cold, others don't. If you try it, and you're fine... Surf in a 3/2 with boots and gloves. Less restriction. If you're cold. Put the 4/3 or 5/4 back on.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by tbing View Post
    Whatever you're comfortable in. Some people have a tolerance for the cold, others don't. If you try it, and you're fine... Surf in a 3/2 with boots and gloves. Less restriction. If you're cold. Put the 4/3 or 5/4 back on.
    Durring christmas my hood was bad and becasue of that i was sick for like two to three weeks, so i dont have a good tolerance i guess