LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New board

New board

picked up a new board(custom) at Surf the Earth in P.I. last Friday and was lucky enough to get a little wave the same day...yep, the same day. That just never happens. Anyway it is a great all around board from what I can tell so far. Caught everything and very responsive! It is a long board shape that is only 8'4". epoxy Ricky Carroll high performance with chined(sp) rails. 7" wingnut with side bites. Had to get one after riding PFox's and damn glad I did. So if anyone is out there huntin a board that will actually excel in our less than great conditions I high recommend going and talking to Scott at STE. I hope everyone is doing well and you have a great Easter weekend. Peace

Quote Originally Posted by cricha View Post
    picked up a new board(custom) at Surf the Earth in P.I. last Friday and was lucky enough to get a little wave the same day...yep, the same day. That just never happens. Anyway it is a great all around board from what I can tell so far. Caught everything and very responsive! It is a long board shape that is only 8'4". epoxy Ricky Carroll high performance with chined(sp) rails. 7" wingnut with side bites. Had to get one after riding PFox's and damn glad I did. So if anyone is out there huntin a board that will actually excel in our less than great conditions I high recommend going and talking to Scott at STE. I hope everyone is doing well and you have a great Easter weekend. Peace
    I have the 9'0" version of that board 4+1 setup pretty bad-ass ride,Just got a 9'6" Meyerhoffer this past Thursday,thing nose rides killer and turns like it's 3ft. shorter! (Very sick)

Quote Originally Posted by fourfinguy View Post
    I have the 9'0" version of that board 4+1 setup pretty bad-ass ride,Just got a 9'6" Meyerhoffer this past Thursday,thing nose rides killer and turns like it's 3ft. shorter! (Very sick)
    Lovely. Where did you get the Meyerhoffer? Whats the fin set up and material on that board? I am really eyeballin the 6'2" walden board that is shaped like a longboard. Looks fun!

My friend has a 6'6" like that, Its called a compact disk. They are fun to mess around.

Meyerhoffer

Picked it up at Village,2+1 fin config. Epoxy.Stock fins are 8in.center fcs m-3's found out that's not enough fin,put 9in. Albacore flex and Walden template sidebiters and still found it quite loose. Gonna jam a 10in. Wingnut long rake and Slater 2.1's in it tomorrow to see if that will stiffen it up a bit!?? The thing gets tons of hang time on floaters too. They have a 9'2" still in stock at Village.

WB: C-street and Mase and Sweetwater and all sorts of chill places around WB. Its rad.
    what have you guys been riding these nice new performance longboards on? been flat as hell out there.

Quote Originally Posted by conway View Post
    what have you guys been riding these nice new performance longboards on? been flat as hell out there.
    Last Friday we had a little longboard wave. Fast, clean and fun.

Quote Originally Posted by eclipse13 View Post
    My friend has a 6'6" like that, Its called a compact disk. They are fun to mess around.
    Fun, but I think it'd be a way better shape if it had a lot more thickness. Like thickness similar to that of a standard longboard throughout the whole thing.

Gotta know what sandbars to hit and when for those 1-2hr. windows,plus being retired helps also.

Quote Originally Posted by fourfinguy View Post
    Gotta know what sandbars to hit and when for those 1-2hr. windows,plus being retired helps also.
    RETIRED....you suck! LOL just kidding. I barely have time to wipe my ars. Well, good for you. I look forward to the day! Might be a little wave Saturday morn and I plan on hittin it. See ya out at P.I.