LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: next saturday

Images

next saturday

what do u think about the 1 to 3 feet ovrhead in nags head saturday?
    i know its a week out but still.

swell is still a week out... don't count your chickens before they hatch

seriously though... Don't make threads like this, cause 99% of the time someone hypes a swell in here, it ends up being a sub par.

Your pretty much jinxing it right now.. hahahaha

Jinxed, it will be 1-2 ft onshore by end of week....haha

It will be as good as you make it.

Hype...... I wish these forecasts didnt exist till 2 days prior. There is too much info. It really makes us all crazy. At least me. They are getting a lot more accurate. Uh oh.

The suprise sessions are always better.... Lower standards= more potential fun.

When i was younger, there was nothing like showing up at the same time all summer and sometimes being greeted with aqua colored glassy summer lines.

But most people dont have the liberty to be on it checking it all the time. It really does help commuters make plans... and score

how many threads like this are there going to be?

"next tuesday"
    "tomorrow"
    "friday"
    "six mondays from now"

come on

maybe there should be a section where you can discuss forecasting and upcoming swells.

how about there just being waves for more then one day. Should start to get fun at some spots by Tues? Weds, through Sat. for sure somewhere, and if we score one or two days or even hours of clean size out of those days,.. so much the better. Either way,..45.9/current offshore temp changes the game for sure, meaning>>>more water time regardless of the conditions.

That OBX does looks BIG, if they get a clean up out of this, "if"...we might see some tow in pictures. Man, those boys down south get the real views, so not fair for us addicts up north.

Looked like the models changed right while I was writing...wish I could make a run down that way now. Other then current issues should be some good juice down there. Clean conditions in OBX RULE.
    Last edited by xgen70; Apr 13, 2009 at 07:22 AM. Reason: addition..

It's an east swell so 90% of Jersey will be closed out anyway. I don't get excited unless I see an "S" or "SSE" in the forecast.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mOtion732 View Post
    how many threads like this are there going to be?

"next tuesday"
    "tomorrow"
    "friday"
    "six mondays from now"

come on

maybe there should be a section where you can discuss forecasting and upcoming swells.
    agreed! isnt anyone patient anymore? but i guess not when our society is based on instant gratification.

just cross your fingers and were your jammies inside out and backwards. ha

Quote Originally Posted by rDJ View Post
    It's an east swell so 90% of Jersey will be closed out anyway. I don't get excited unless I see an "S" or "SSE" in the forecast.
    everyone should try to have that reserve spot that works on an E swell..