LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

wetsuit thickness?

How thick wetsuits r u guys using when u go out? I don"t know if it still to cold for a 3/2 with boots, gloves, and a hood. What you guys think, cause i really want to go out this week, it looks promising.

I'm using a 4/3 with a 1mm sleeveless vest underneath keeps me warm, a 3/2 sounds good once we hit around 50-55 degrees but thats me

I was hot in a 4/3 today contemplated the 3/2 should have worn it. Been in the water all winter though so seems kinda nice now.

Images
    def at least 4/3 right now.....Im still wearing a 5/4/3. New Jerz style...

55 for 3/2
    Last edited by Aguaholic; Apr 12, 2009 at 10:47 PM.

4/3 mos def

i was out yesterday in south jerz in 5/4/3 7mm booties n 5mm gloves. later switchedd to 3mm gloves and were fine. but i was sweating like crazy out there for 4 hours with that current. i slept like a baby. a 4/3 is perfect right now i think though. once it gets to aorund 54 is when i bust out the 3/2

Images
    my brother was out last weekend in a very poorly constructed 3/2 with 5mm hood,boot, gloves. and he said he was pretty cold but you CANdo it, but it is all he had to use. ive been using a 4/3mm with 5mm hood boot glove recently which keeps me comfortable and im in ocmd.

I wear a 3/2 with an under armour longsleve shirt underneath and 5mm gloves boots and hood year round and I am plenty warm.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by no6rider89 View Post
    ...poorly constructed 3/2 with 5mm hood,boot, gloves... you CAN do it...I'm in ocmd.
    I've been fine with just the same setup, but only when the air temps are up past the 55-60 mark and higher. Oooo it feels soo good!! I was out one day last week or so, and I was all hungover and all with a headache, and I just kept dunking my head and splashing myself in the face.. felt so good; I was just going under on purpose and taking waves to the face.

I was in a 5/4/3 with 3mm gloves and 5mm booties in S Jersey on Saturday and didn't shiver once. not overly warm either but just right.

yea still rocking 5/4/3 as well but gonna drop down to 5mm booties and 3mm gloves this week. I dont have a 4/3 so might have to just hop into 3/2 soon as it gets closer to 50 deg and keep booties and gloves on. ice cream headache shouldnt be nearly as bad as early Jan.