LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Images
    A couple kids were in the water in Delaware yestarday without wetsuits. Given, they only lasted about 45min at a time.

yea i saw a kid out with just a rashgurd and boardshorts. he lasted five minutes

I was at Indian River on Friday. I counted 35 guys in the surf all with full suits (I'm guessing 4/3 for the most part. I'm very happy in my 5/4. Only one guy had a good, most others still had gloves and boots. Only a few brave (?) souls went w/out gloves or boots. Water is still 58 or 59, why risk hypothermia?

you only need a 3/2 with boots right now

WB: C-street and Mase and Sweetwater and all sorts of chill places around WB. Its rad.
    trunks and top or spring suit down here lol
    water's verging on 70

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Wetsuiter View Post
    I was at Indian River on Friday. I counted 35 guys in the surf all with full suits (I'm guessing 4/3 for the most part. I'm very happy in my 5/4. Only one guy had a good, most others still had gloves and boots. Only a few brave (?) souls went w/out gloves or boots. Water is still 58 or 59, why risk hypothermia?
    Naaa man. You def. dont need a hood (as of a couple weeks ago). You dont need gloves either. Its cold at first but feels good after a while. I was in a 4/3 with 5mm boots for 5 hours on Saturday. Soon (next weeked) no boots either.

wb and you can find me at crystal and sweetwater and all over wb.
    Quote Originally Posted by conway View Post
    trunks and top or spring suit down here lol
    water's verging on 70
    i know its so nice. the only thing is i would rather deal with the cold up in the obx and get better surf than wb.

Quote Originally Posted by ocmd15 View Post
    you only need a 3/2 with boots right now
    Agreed, but warmth is definately a personal choice. As for me, I'd rather shed the layers of rubber & be a bit cold, then hot & have to manually flush my suit all the time.

I'm in N. Monmouth County, NJ (temps ~53F). I'm no polar bear, but am seriously thinking of going to the L/S spring suit w/ a thermal layer real soon.

However, my feet get cold easy and wearing 2m boots w/ a short springy only leads to the usual "What the ----, your a kook, your a tool, etc" comments...and I really hate wasting water time taking it to the beach.

Peace

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DJFresh View Post
    Agreed, but warmth is definately a personal choice. As for me, I'd rather shed the layers of rubber & be a bit cold, then hot & have to manually flush my suit all the time.

I'm in N. Monmouth County, NJ (temps ~53F). I'm no polar bear, but am seriously thinking of going to the L/S spring suit w/ a thermal layer real soon.

However, my feet get cold easy and wearing 2m boots w/ a short springy only leads to the usual "What the ----, your a kook, your a tool, etc" comments...and I really hate wasting water time taking it to the beach.

Peace
    yeah im in south monmouth and im in a spring suit in the beginning of june usually...

anyone go out today?? was it cold or just me?? felt ALOT colder than the days before