LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    im still im a 4/3 with a hood but i get cold easy. my buddy has been wearing his 3/2 since last saturday and says hes fine.
    ________
    vapor genie
    Last edited by JDallam; Jan 19, 2011 at 05:54 AM.

you still need a 5/4 with 5 mil boots and lobster claws and probably a hood too, at least in vb.

not using the 4/3 anymore its time to go with a 3/2 now. no hood when its warm and hood if its a little cold in NJ for me.

It all depends on the quality of your 3/2 suit. If you have a higher end 3/2 with taped and sealed seams and such you should be ok right now (early May). If you have a lower-end 3/2 with flatlock stiching you're going to freeze in it until mid-late May at earliest.

if we keep this thread going, we'll all be trunkin it before it ends. . .

Images
    You can trunk it now.

Images
    I had a friend who went in last friday with a 3/2 and just boots. no hood or gloves and he was good. So you should be fine with the stuff you got now.

u can defintly get by with a 3/2 if u got boots and gloves, i went out yesterday with just my suit and a hood and i was fine

5/4 and VERY comfy. Went w/out hood for first time this week. But did get a big swoosh of cold water down the neck once and it flushed out all my good warm water!

3/2

yo now that the water is at least 55 and were in mid may, you guys think its safe to say we should be fine in a 3.2 with 3mill boots? haven't been out since friday, just wondering if anyone has been out in the south jersey area..what the temp like?