LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

patagonia or xcel

i want a 3/2 wetsuit for the beginning of summer and for the fall. I have narrowed my search to 3/2 xcel infiniti drylock or a 2m patagonia front zip fullsuit or 3/2 oneill psyco 2. I think the patagonia would be lighter and more flexible because it is thinner and it is still supposed to be as warm as a 3/2 because of the wool inside it. Any reviews on any of these suits(esp. Patagonia and Billabong)? Any suggestions on which to buy? I am looking for a suit that will be good for water ranging from about 55 to 65 degrees (+ or - a few degrees)
    Last edited by njsurfer17; Apr 12, 2009 at 11:47 PM.

ive never had a patagonia wetsuit but i have one of their epoxy boards which is well made

yeah they make very good products and i hear the warranty is really good but i still want a feel from someone who has wore it. I am also looking at the Billabong 302 Solution Platinum Zipperless Steamer

i have a billabong 3/2 wetsuit, which i dint see you mentioned that, I like it but i think thats its a foil which is a good wetsuit in terms of warmth. Its not as flexible as other ones that are more expensive but if you are looking to not spend a lot of money then i would just go for the foil

I wear a Billabong Revolution zipperless steamer and i think its real flexible and warm. I would go with the Solution Platinum, they are very well made and probably really flexible.

I would go with the patinum cause it sounds like money to spend but if your on a budget go with the foil

Images
    Patagonia's are heavier...believe me....think wet wool......excel's are heavy too tho. I have a quiver of wetsuits all xcel everything from 2mm to 5/4/3. 3/2 I would go for an xcel ...anything higher than a 3/2 tho I would get something else. Maybe like a Vapor. Or something else. From my experience anything above a 3/2 in xcel is hella heavy. Drylocks in particular are heavier.

True story.....My buddies 5/4/3 Body Glove Vapor weights less than my 4/3 xcel. Xcel make great 3/2 suits. Anything after that that are heavy and restricting. Body Glove Vapor FTW!
    Last edited by Aguaholic; Apr 12, 2009 at 11:53 PM.

i have a 4/3 xcel infiniti and i can't see a suit being much better than this. i have owned a number of suits and this is without question the best. highly recommended. i'm sure the 3/2 is just as good. i have an xcel 3/2 but it's just like their base model or whatever. also good, but nothing to rave about. i'd definitely go with an infiniti

Images
    Never had a patagonia, but I've seen one of their 5/3 models. It looked pretty sick with this stuff called merino wool material in the hood to keep you warmer. They've got a retro meets new school style going on and I've heard their suits are very good. Excel on the other hand is a very reliable company. The material is very light and stretches just enough. I'd suggest getting the ultra stretch models. they're sick.

Images
    ive also been lookin at the patagonia wetsuits since my stuff now is on the way out. and i have also narrowed it down to xcel and patagonia. the only big difference i can find is the materials, as far as recycled materials and less impact, patagonia uses more recycled materials. i called for specs too, mainly for the warranty on materials because i heard/read (cant recall) that they have a lifetime warranty on all materials. unfortunately my call was lost. (gotta love cell phones.) so if they do carry the lifetime warranty i would say there is no real choice. not to mention the great name patagonia has already for outerwear products. even tho a bit more expensive, im a firm believer in you get what you pay for.