LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fins

Images

Fins

I out grew my fins and i had the churchills in grey and blue. Is there a differnce in the grey and blue ones and the yellow and blue? Also what should i get them again or tech 2.

Images
    There is no difference in color between the churchills. I use churchills in the winter because they make this biggest XL fins but during the summer I rock tech2's. Personal I like techs a lot better I actually cut the tips off of my churchhills.

Images
    with tech 2s do you have to wear fin socks because my feet got screwed up when i didnt have them with the churchills.

Images
    You don't need to use fin socks.

it's free to grow out your toenails. fins aunatural.

That would be the cheapest. I think after a couple inches they begin to curl though. Haha

If Shaq bodyboarded would he even need fins?

Images
    I've been using Eon fins for some time now, and I have some Vipers that I can't wear with the booties cause they're not big enough and cause foot cramping.

Another company called Limited Edition (I think) makes Makapuu-like fins in different colors, and they're shaped the same way. A lot of Australian pros have their own signature models of them. I've never taken to Techs cause they seemed too floppy for me, I need a stiff blade. The Makapuus seemed to awkward for me and seems like they require a different stroke.

Images
    I have a stiff fin and what are the benifits or stiff an a more un stiff one. With the stiff ones i can do foward spins really good, thats all i know.

Images
    Fins shouldn't have anything to do with being able to do forwards or reverses. The only difference the stiffness makes is the thrust. * Some companies do market the stiffness and the shape of the fin in a way where people think it gives them an amazingly better hold on the wave to.