LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fins

Quote Originally Posted by mikedub View Post
    Fins shouldn't have anything to do with being able to do forwards or reverses. The only difference the stiffness makes is the thrust. * Some companies do market the stiffness and the shape of the fin in a way where people think it gives them an amazingly better hold on the wave to.
    i prefer hand dragging...spin to win

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by austin View Post
    i prefer hand dragging...spin to win
    I used to do that but it doesnt look as good as the other way.

Quote Originally Posted by DPR View Post
    I used to do that but it doesnt look as good as the other way.
    i think we all started somewhere along those lines, but in all seriousness fins have nothing to do with your spins.."where your head goes your body follows"

Images
    yeh i know but i get about 75 percent of the way like that then put my fin in for the rest

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIDkTWlaRsg

yeh i know but i get about 75 percent of the way like that then put my fin in for the rest

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIDkTWlaRsg
    shift your weight on your nose and in the rail in which your turning without burying your nose in the water...plus the faster your going the easier it is..if your learning how

Images

I gota deside

So you guys like the techs, but they make you have less thrust and make it harder to catch a wave then the churchills?
    My fins now are cramping my feet and squeezing them together. I need new ones but im still not sure which are better. I mainly want one with better thrust

if your decent at bodyboarding you shouldnt have to worry about the thrust n catching waves, especially during the summer... you can catch waves with or without fins, you just have to know where to sit and when to go, fins are mostly about comfort...

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by austin View Post
    if your decent at bodyboarding you shouldnt have to worry about the thrust n catching waves, especially during the summer... you can catch waves with or without fins, you just have to know where to sit and when to go, fins are mostly about comfort...
    alright, ill try tech 2, ill prob likethem more

Images
    So you guys like the techs, but they make you have less thrust and make it harder to catch a wave then the churchills?
    My fins now are cramping my feet and squeezing them together. I need new ones but im still not sure which are better. I mainly want one with better thrust
    no way. Techs have the most thrust in my opinion. The tech 2's are a little lighter weight and have less thrust. Churchills are a little longer and have good thrust, and most people like them because of the style. I'm personally hooked on the original techs.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mikedub View Post
    You don't need to use fin socks.
    I always wear fin socks with my techs. Everyone is different, but one session for me without fin socks, and my feet get ripped up. Its ashame, because if feels so nice to go without any fin sock.