LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ding repair

Ding repair

Alright so my friend had to borrow my board and brought it back with like a half inch of the nose snapped off i can see the orang glassing and some wood (its a ksmall merrick tuflite )

should i just sand it down epoxy glass the tip again and then jus put a nose cover on?

wb and you can find me at crystal and sweetwater and all over wb.
    Quote Originally Posted by surfnasty22 View Post
    Alright so my friend had to borrow my board and brought it back with like a half inch of the nose snapped off i can see the orang glassing and some wood (its a ksmall merrick tuflite )

should i just sand it down epoxy glass the tip again and then jus put a nose cover on?
    it depends if your willing to lose half of inch off the nose? but take it to a repair guy and see what they would say that would be your best bet.

Someone I know did that and he rounded off the tip.

Do it....

Big League Chew and sawdust, son.

i just had the nose and rail repaired on 2 of my boards...they got banged up on the way back from my vacation. one of the boards is a tuflite flyer, it came out ok, nose was reshaped...cost me $120 for both boards

never fly american airlines, they treat u and your stuff like ****, they have no customer service

haha soo eat some big leaque chew and round off the nose hahaha

yeah i had my board repaired as well wen the same kid railed it like 4 inches deep but i think im jus gunna round it, anyome tihnk it will mess up the way it rides?

Rounded noses make you look too much like a seal as opposed to pointy noses.

With the recent downturn in the economy causing mass suicide by wall streat brokers, leaking blood into the New York City stormdrain system, and then directly discharging into the Atlantic Ocean....a substantial chum line has been noticed drifting with the longshore sand transport currents from Long Island down thru Duck/Waves NC.

In other words, this is not a good time to be looking like a seal in the lineup, stick to the pointy nose.

Images
    That sounds like a pretty easy fix. Surftech sells matching spray paint which is pretty much dead on. If you can work with epozy, there are websites that will detail the repair process; if not, have it repaired to preserve the value of your board. If you don't have the funds then round it off, it will surf the same.

10. just an idea...

if your friend brought it back damaged,
    shouldn't he/she offer to get it fixed? honor system?