LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    short arm full suit is the best, most comfortable wetsuit by far. without question. no rashed up knees, and keeps you warm and super flexible. get on it.

nj:

5/4/3
    4/3
    3/2
    short sleeve full
    long sleeve top
    boardshorts

i'd really love another 5/4/3 or 6/5/4 for those second sessions or dps in the winter

Images
    I just use a long sleeve 2 mil top but only if there is a breeze so I dont get a chill

yea i dunno what to wear in cali. probably just end up taking my psycho 2 4/3 and if thats overkill buy a 2mm short sleeve full when im there

If it's cold enough for a full suit, I'm wearing a full 3/2. I think short sleeves on long legs looks cool, but won't keep you as warm as a long sleeve. Water flushes in and out of short sleeves, and it's your core you need to keep warm. I think the short sleeves and long legs are a bit of a gimmick to get you to spend the extra bucks on more rubber in the legs you don't need. For me, it's either trunks, a springer (short sleeves and legs, which nobody wears these days... they just look too dorky), or a 3/2 full. Sorry... but that's how I see it.
    Last edited by LBCrew; Feb 16, 2010 at 01:14 AM.

Images
    get a short-sleeve full. i love mine. dont get an excell one though.. they fall apart

7. Quote Originally Posted by LBCrew View Post
    If it's cold enough for a full suit, I'm wearing a full 3/2. I think short sleeves on long legs looks cool, but won't keep you as warm as a long sleeve. Water flushes in and out of short sleeves, and it's your core you need to keep warm. I think the short sleeves and long legs are a bit of a gimmick to get you to spend the extra bucks on more rubber in the legs you don't need. For me, it's either trunks, a springer (short sleeves and legs, which nobody wears these days... they just look too dorky), or a 3/2 full. Sorry... but that's how I see it.
    Gimmick?

You mean during the summer up here in Ventura when the water is still 65 and the air temp is hovering around the high eighties you think itís a gimmick to wear a 2mm short sleeves with long legs?

Yes, it's a conspiracy by the SIMA conglomerate. In fact, they are after you. I heard SIMA was actually behind 9/11 as well.

Man, if I was to wear a full 3/2 full suit I would sweat myself out of my suit.
    Gimmick, lol. That was funny.

haha good reply. I love my 2mm ss full suit especially if there's an upwelling.

Ha! I knew I was going to hear it for that one. OK... you win. I don't know anything about surfing in California. I'm talking about here, and I'm talking about me. I'm saying legs for me are a waste of money on a short sleeved suit, and I can't relate to anybody who sees the value in it. To your credit, a lot of people wear them, so there must be something to it that I just don't get. So... your legs get cold and your core doesn't? Sorry, I just don't get that. Especially when it's those the same guys in their short sleeved full legged suits I see walking around in shorts and sweatshirts in December. You're right... I must be an idiot.

I've got longsleeve spring (short legs). It's the only spring suit I've got, and I dig it.
    It doesn't feel like the 2mm sleeves are restrictive at all.
    If I had my choice I probably would have gotten a short sleeve, short leg spring, but I got a good deal so whatever.