LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New to va beach

New to va beach

What's up everyone, I just moved up here from Wilmington.and The crowds at Va beach are insane, is it any better at Sandbridge?

oh yeah, your water is COLD! when do you guys hit 70 degrees here?

Images
    70 - August.

virginia is rediculously cold. wrightsville beach was 64 degrees today, i even saw people in boardshorts

Quote Originally Posted by enjoytheride View Post
    What's up everyone, I just moved up here from Wilmington.and The crowds at Va beach are insane, is it any better at Sandbridge?

oh yeah, your water is COLD! when do you guys hit 70 degrees here?
    dude you have no idea if you think its crowded right now wait till june it only gets better , plus dont complain about cold water it keeps the turons out the water

yeah you're right about the water temp and the tourist. I was at TI this past weekend in Nc and was loving the 65 degree water with 80 degree air temp, then back up here with 50 degree water, guess i'll get used to it

Go to either Croatan or the North End(40 street and above). Sandbridge gets very bad too; especially when the water warms up and the kids are out of school, the tourists are in town, and all the "I only surf when the water is warm" people are out. VB usually sucks in the summer anyway unless we get a strong northeast wind or hurricane.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jrobe057 View Post
    Go to either Croatan or the North End(40 street and above). Sandbridge gets very bad too; especially when the water warms up and the kids are out of school, the tourists are in town, and all the "I only surf when the water is warm" people are out. VB usually sucks in the summer anyway unless we get a strong northeast wind or hurricane.
    your right about the crowds in the summer but sandbridge is usually not to bad compared to croatan or 1st street especially! sandbridge doesnot usually have the verbal crowd like 1st street

Quote Originally Posted by ECboarder View Post
    your right about the crowds in the summer but sandbridge is usually not to bad compared to croatan or 1st street especially! sandbridge doesnot usually have the verbal crowd like 1st street
    I know I was wrong about Sandbridge. I wanted to keep it a "secret." It never has a "verbal" crowd as you said Venice Beach, cough, I mean 1st street has. I save 1st street for 5-6 ft and 30 degrees usually. Croatan is not bad if you don't mind (no offense to anyone reading this) all the high school kids and it is one of the only places w/o those bs surfing laws in the summer.

Thanks fellas, I'm not trying to be all "yo I'm new tell where the best spots are bra" sorry if it came off that way, I just figured sandbridge was no big secret and wondered if it got super crowded just like va beach. what's the parking situation at croatan and sandbridge?

at croatan in the lot for a $ or on the side of Croatan rd or twighlight for free. If you stay after 7pm they'll tow you. Lot closes at 8.