LOGIN | REGISTER

Images

S swell starting to show

20 second stuff starting to show on the buoys this morning.

Hopefully the winds are too cheese ****.

Images
    flat here, i'll post an ocean beach report later today when i see some of that long period stuff making its way to the pier here. still only thigh-high and blowing over with the onshore wind.

Images
    it often seems that the early long period stuff doesn't show much at the beaches.

Images
    was on the north side of the pier here from 6pm-8pm PST, biggest set was probably still waist-stomach high at best. hopefully we'll see something show up in the morning... otherwise i'm gonna have to hoof it up north

Images
    I heard Trestles was firing 6-8 ft. I don't know how the winds where down there but Newport was pretty crappy this weekend. There was swell but the conditions were horrible. Winds and tides really screwed it up.

Images
    weak dude... we didn't see the SSW swell in OB until late friday into saturday really. i spent thursday at oceanside harbor and that was just violent! super gnarly rip currents. 5-7 ft easy with some 8 ft faces but they were closing out a lot and not lining up correctly.

got a few good rides in there then headed down to tamarack in carlsbad, 4-6 ft there and super clean as the eddy cleared up thursday afternoon. i spent friday at swami's/boneyard, 3-5 ft and super clean as well. all in all good times and with the localized windswell we saw bumpy but peaky surf here late weekend. fun fun

8. Goleta / SB was junk blown out mush.

All this ground swells been coming in but winds are messing it + the upwelling is great, glad we're back to Jan temperatures ~~.

Images
    <-- trunked it twice yesterday