LOGIN | REGISTER

Thread: Taca Airlines?

Images

Taca Airlines?

Just wondering if anyone has traveled lately on Taca and how they treated traveling surfers. Thinking about going to Central America in June and need to take 7 boards between three of us. Do they open board bags and count em or what?

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieInOC View Post
    Just wondering if anyone has traveled lately on Taca and how they treated traveling surfers. Thinking about going to Central America in June and need to take 7 boards between three of us. Do they open board bags and count em or what?
    You'd be one over the limit:
    http://www.taca.com/eng/syi/bag/bagspoequ.asp?id=14
    All things considered, Taca is about as good as they come these days.

Images
    I know what their stated policy is, I was wondering how strickly they enforce it.

They have never counted my boards, but I have never brought more than 3, and I am not sure what their current policy is as I have not travelled for a couple of years now. That being said, they are the only airline my wife or I use to go to Costa, by far the best service and price out there. You get better prices if you go directly to their site, including taxes and fees to Costa right now from Dulles is about 280! I think they give free drinks and food too, at least they did when no one else was. They also have the newest fleet that goes to Latin America which to me means safety.

edit: I just reread you post, if you each have your own bag I don't see you having a problem, just tell them you have 2 in the bag. I have gotten away once or twice too since I was just checking one bag plus my board bag, but the policy is always changing.
    Last edited by tommyh; Apr 23, 2009 at 11:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rodndtube View Post
    You'd be one over the limit:
    http://www.taca.com/eng/syi/bag/bagspoequ.asp?id=14
    All things considered, Taca is about as good as they come these days.
    It's nice how they say: If you check them as part of your free baggage allowance...the charge for these bags is US$100 each one, each way

Images
    I know other airlines (Continental) have been real vigilant lately when it comes to counting the number of boards per bag. My feeling was that Taca wasn't so bad and I just wanted to know what others have experienced lately. Taca has flights going to San Jose for $267 including taxes and fees which is about as low as I've ever seen them.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieInOC View Post
    I know other airlines (Continental) have been real vigilant lately when it comes to counting the number of boards per bag. My feeling was that Taca wasn't so bad and I just wanted to know what others have experienced lately. Taca has flights going to San Jose for $267 including taxes and fees which is about as low as I've ever seen them.
    How much are the flights coming back?

Quote Originally Posted by rodndtube View Post
    How much are the flights coming back?
    that is round trip! I even looked at flights around new years for 2010 and you can get them for less than 300. tickets are crazy cheap now. I am tempted to buy tickets for next may 11 months out (as early as possible) but am not sure if I want to commit myself to exact dates yet.