LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How to get the goo off?

I just got a new track pad to put on one of my boards because my old track pad is starting to fall off. but it left a pretty substantial amount of goo on my board. does anyone know a good type of chemical to get the goo off? the reason im asking this is because my friend tried some sort of chemical and his board got a chemical reaction and the chemical burned right through the fiberglass into the foam. would goo off work? i tried wave remover...a no go there.

Goo Off

Would probably work, just be patient and don't overdo it. Or you can use lighter fluid too- just don't smoke with either while youre doing it. Just be sure to really wash it all off wen ur done.

Whatever you do, don't use lye. You're asking for trouble if you do.

if your putting a new one on why does it matter. but you could try some cooking oil.

because it wouldn't adheave well if its an uneven, unclean surface.

Images
    Lacquer thinner will do the trick. We use it all the time with no problems, Put some in a paper towel and rub it off.

Nail polish remover - like a charm.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by snowbird View Post
    Nail polish remover - like a charm.

In other words, acetone. Toxic stuff...wear gloves if you decide to use this stuff.

Acetone will eat (disolve) the resin and fiberglass. Try rapid remover, we use it to get boat graphics and car wraps off. Works like a charm isnt to harmful either just dont huff it. rapidtac.com

Images
    goo b gone works great

Oops

Oops! works great. I believe however that it is very toxic for the enviroment so use it sparingly!!! Also before you put on the new pad take a light sandpaper to the area and just rough it up just a little. This gives something for the new adhesive to settle into and grab hold!