LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Images
    I've never camped there, but have non surfer friends who love camping there.

The tricky thing with the green heads is that they come out when the winds are offshore... So, in other words when the surf is good, the bugs suck. I dont think the green heads come out until summer time tho. So, if you were going to go in May, I think your can avoid them.

It is still fine there now. Enjoy.
    By earlyJune the skeeters are quite thick. Not too bad during the day but dawn and dusk are serious blood loss times. Can be unpleasant at those times.

Images
    i go down there every year in july. there has always been some sick waves there. im usualy at campground B also so if anybody will be there then, i will to

Images
    Just got back from a nice weekend there. Weather was AWESOME but it was like the weakest lame waves ever haha. Oh well had a good time. Chillin' on the beach with a nice little campfire and napping during the day oh man so nice. Just the sounds of songbirds and surf is nice as hell, sunsets and a good beer, mmm my kind of camping

Assateague

Can be nice in spring and fall. I usually go there windsurfing, so there is wind and less bugs then. Gonna try surfing this year, had fun in a kayak in the surf but I want to stand up Summer pretty much sucks everywhere. Maybe it woun't be as bad this year with less people traveling because of economy

Images
    don't surf near people on the off road zone with kayaks and fishing poles. this usually indicates they are shark fishing. there is alot more life in the water down there, which i think is really cool but some people get freaked. the best way to go down there is to get an OSV (over sand vehicle) permit and cruz down the beach. not as many people down there and there is some spots you can find that break really nice on even small days. low tide is a must though.

Hey Mike,

How about 5 dollar round trip tickets to the wedge curtesy of state park trucks or atv's. I'm tired of paddling across the bay. Come on....Hook it up!

Images
    i considered camping there but just decided to go more south to frisco,2 years ago, and ocracoke, last year, instead

best place ive come across in the area. the marine life it crazy ya got everything in those waters so be careful..no lie. its hard to get out into tho but its all worth it. ogh ya n as mentioned befor dont go near fishermen... last summer we were out and i was near a fishermen and he pulled in a 5ft bull shark while we were out there then let it back in it was scary gettin back to shore.
    and the bugs are nathin theres always a lil breeze that blows em back to the bay side so there really not at the beach at all .
    any questions bout it just ask ill hook ya up

Quote Originally Posted by Mooseknuckle View Post
    don't surf near people on the off road zone with kayaks and fishing poles. this usually indicates they are shark fishing. there is alot more life in the water down there, which i think is really cool but some people get freaked. the best way to go down there is to get an OSV (over sand vehicle) permit and cruz down the beach. not as many people down there and there is some spots you can find that break really nice on even small days. low tide is a must though.
    Is nothing sacred?