LOGIN | REGISTER

Thread: Bouy Mistake?

Bouy Mistake?

reading 8ft@8sec dont look that big to me..

Images
    it looked about waist to chest this afternoon in rehoboth, delaware. it was a mess tho with the howling onshores.

bigger...

surf was WAY bigger then expected at my spot. and fun. i m glad no one new there were waves! makes it more fun. stay home couch potatoes!

Inconsistent windswell probably messes up offshore buoy readings where swells are larger. Is this correct swellinfo?

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SearchForShacks View Post
    reading 8ft@8sec dont look that big to me..
    that buoy is like 25 miles out to sea. The nearshore bouys were reading about 3-4 feet late yesterday...probably more representative of surf conditions.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakagrom View Post
    Inconsistent windswell probably messes up offshore buoy readings where swells are larger. Is this correct swellinfo?
    not really... you do have to keep in mind the buoys are many miles off the coast. The buoy 44009 (de bay buoy) is 20 miles east of Fenwick Island. When you have multiple swells in the water, then the buoys can sometimes be misleading. The swell measurements are generally a good indicator then, but for whatever reason 44009 stopped reporting swell measurements. The instruments are likely broken.