LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Images
    I sacrificed my former life. In order to be in the water more than 2-3 times a year, I moved from where I grew up at to live in a beach town. Now, I'm in the water 2-3 times a week on average year round. It took a lot of effort to get to where I am at now, from all the losses I had to cut to get here, very hard physically and emotionally. I moved away from my family and friends in order to surf waves. So far I think I top all your stories guys!

Wow, thats kinda crazy XtreamLiquidShreda, I just won a free vacation too. Was it from a car dealership???

Its kinda bunk sounding, I sold mine to my neighbor for $250

balance

Itís all about balance people. Balance. Sacrifice usually means you do not have your priorities straight. Wife gets mad hear and there, but I would never sacrifice waves for my wife, family or friends. That is stupid. Surfing is something that should be necessary to watermen but to sacrifice a relationship seems immature. This topic usually shows ones true colors.

4. Quote Originally Posted by OBlove View Post
    Itís all about balance people. Balance. Sacrifice usually means you do not have your priorities straight. Wife gets mad hear and there, but I would never sacrifice waves for my wife, family or friends. That is stupid. Surfing is something that should be necessary to watermen but to sacrifice a relationship seems immature. This topic usually shows ones true colors.

I bet your a blast to hang out with at parties too.

sleep...money with better jobs...and my testicles well being for those surfs in dec-march. So worth it though.

Images
    friends. family. changed careers. changed locations. relocated 3000miles away.

on a daily, I sacrifice time with friends and time with my girl to surf.

im from maryland and about 8 years ago, I got the surfing bug up my ass and oc md just wouldn't cut it for me. I wanted perfect weather and I wanted to surf everyday all year without a 6 mil wetsuit.

I moved my girl from baltimore and she has missed her family everday for 8 years. I plan my surfing around her. I make sure to go early so I don't neglect her all day.

I used to go down to baja with her every week. I would surf a empty point break alone while she films me in the mornings and by lunch time we r in ensenada eating and drinking.

so as long as u incorporate ur girlfriend in what u do, u don't need to lose her.

but being away from family and friends is by far the biggest sacrifice. everyday we miss them. we don't have kids yet, but it makes u feel really selfish when your main reason for not moving back east is not weather or family. it is the surf.

so, to all those that I care about, that don't surf, they just don't get it. my parents and my girls parents are like, when u get older, surfing won't matter to u. when u have kids, YOu won't be worried about surfing.

im like, oh yes i will

girls health sleep friends breakfast lunch dinner pretty much an addict . just love to be out this sat was first session since back injury ,surfed like sh*t 2hrs morn 2hrs eve . next morn could barely walk ...totally worth it.

8. going to school in-land in north jersey!

...but now I'm transferring to East Carolina University, NC. I caved haha

anyone here that graduated from there?

really!

Quote Originally Posted by mofosurfer.com View Post
    I bet your a blast to hang out with at parties too.

i bet you think you rip tooooooo....