LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    certain swells are worth being talked about.

when the analysis is educated and the subject deserves legitimate discussion, then what's the problem? certain factors like swell direction and wind direction that aren't always accurate on this or any other site (SW swells for nj and sea breezes) don't always get factored into the forecast.

on the other hand, if the post is like, "duhhh, is it gunna b gud tmrow?", it should be deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by smack da lip whaaapaaa View Post
    I said that last year and its still here!!!!!

But in the end, I'll surf and get my waves regardless of the status of the forum. I use the forecasts to get a general idea of what to expect when I ride down to the beach. Many times, its better or worse than I anticipated from the forecast.

But in regards to reports, they seem to be influenced by many factors. Some people might think its fun, when others think it sucks.

Doesn't matter, I'll still see whats going on out there before I actually go into the water. So in some respects, reports are nearly irrelevant, because believe me, if its good, I'm not running home to tell everyone about it over the internet I'll just go surf it!
    I agree to an extent, but in ocmd there are a lot of sandbars that shape up from time to time and I don't think twice about leaving a report saying I scored. Most people know the spots that are more likely to pick up swell better, but the thing is there is alot of other spots going off too. You just have to keep an eye on the bars and info. I usually only get empty good waves in two places... midtown (which I consider 20th to 70th) and uptown (which I consider 70th up). Downtown is pretty predictable in my experience.

Wherever I am I'm checking it...

I give a general idea, so maybe some of you can break free from the pack and find something to yourself every so often.

Images
    Whats it gonna be like tomorrow?

Images
    But, is it gunna b gud tmrow?

next year september 19th is supposed to be like head high and clean they said... im still watching that one though

Images
    I guess I understand the point that this thread is trying to make but I am so sick of people *****ing about threads that ask about what its going to be like. That is the only reason I ever really started reading these forums. Just a Thought

whoever said it is right...everybody listen up...144th is the place to be for every swell and green symbols mean its going to be terrible. now you know.