LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by super fish View Post
    i always freak myself out thinking about sharks when I'm alone and if I get bitten, who's there to save my chum ass?
    Agreed. In the dead of winter when there is nobody on the beach and your the only one in the water...In my opinion, bigger surf makes it worse. I like bodyboarding a spot with friends.

i always freak myself out thinking about sharks when I'm alone and if I get bitten, who's there to save my chum ass?
    lol agreed!!!

to stop me from thinking about sharks i just sing to myself. and then i convince myself that i most likely (knock on wood) will never have a serious encounter after reading one of the surfrider foundation publications on the ratio of deaths related to faulty toasters to shark-related deaths, and not surprisingly, the faulty toasters won out!!

dawn patrol is real nice when you're out alone, but i like balance. i surf alone a lot and all statements in previous posts about better surfing alone are true, but i also like to surf with friends. its a nice community feeling on a glassy head high evening at 7 when a bunch of your closest show up and everyone gets barreled under the sunset. Surfing in general is such an enjoyable sport/lifestyle.

Images
    ha, thats the same exact thing that i do, and a couple of days out in LBI by myself, not even anyone on the beach yet, and that fin does pop out of that water(and it has twice) i rele regret being out there alone, but i rele like going out with a bunch of friends and screwing around alot more than being alone

Quote Originally Posted by Shakagrom View Post
    to stop me from thinking about sharks i just sing to myself. and then i convince myself that i most likely (knock on wood) will never have a serious encounter after reading one of the surfrider foundation publications on the ratio of deaths related to faulty toasters to shark-related deaths, and not surprisingly, the faulty toasters won out!!

dawn patrol is real nice when you're out alone, but i like balance. i surf alone a lot and all statements in previous posts about better surfing alone are true, but i also like to surf with friends. its a nice community feeling on a glassy head high evening at 7 when a bunch of your closest show up and everyone gets barreled under the sunset. Surfing in general is such an enjoyable sport/lifestyle.
    the thing is the more you put urself at risk [ in the ocean] the more chance there is just sayin

WHAT!!! you guys are all kooks. NEVER surf alone, have you read the warnings on the lifeguard signs? What happens if your drowning, who'll save you???? I cant believe all the supposedly experienced watermen on this site are so ignant! you all must be losers and have nobdy to surf with

alone... other ppl suck.. i also prefer to do everything alone... guess im just a loner... and if i die cuz its dangerous surfin alone then i died doin somethin i love... by good song... i listen to that song all the time when im goin or comin home from surfin cuz its so chill

Alone. Look at my shots. Empty waves.

I do have a few people that I love to get a session in with, and really if I'm out there with people who are good/ I'm comfortable with, I tend to vibe off of that and get better. Go deeper just to give them something to hoot about. There is nothing like having a good session with some friends, but in my opinion, it doesn't compare to a big cold nor easter session in the dead of winter all alone. That is a whole different thing...

man alone must be nice, in Va beach your never alone , i was on break from work today tornado watch , rain ,windy super dark clouds still 10 heads out at first street , i mean i paddle out alone all the time but there are always other surfers in eyesight

Images
    i like both. i like to surf alone because there is no one to impress except yourself like you were saying. but then theresalways the fear of getting hurt or bitten by something and not being able to paddle in. thats a reason why i like surfing with people too. and if u do do something good then they will see it.