LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

wax and an epoxy board

i just got an epoxy board and im having issues with the wax coming off really quick. anyone have an suggestions as to how to make the wax stick better?

just keep waxing it , and build up a basecoat

Images
    Like suggested above use a base coat then wax away. What brand of wax are you using? Some waxes are known to wear off quicker than others.

Images
    Could be the deck had a film and or some residue on it. Of what I have no idea but I swear by Zog's (sex wax) Quick Humps. You might want to start over and get all the wax off, I use a hair dryer to warm up the wax. Once its all off use 409 something like it and a towel and give her a good buffing. When putting a fresh coat on straight back and forth strokes, not circular and not too much pressure. She should develop some bumps in no time and eventually turn into a busty beauty. Wax on wax off...

Leave in the sun for a few minutes or heat with hair-drier and scrape off the wax. Strip residue with Firewater or other wax stripper available in most surf shops. Re-wax with a basecoat then wax over basecoat with cool. Apply as SeaDaddy said.

are you using the correct temperature wax?

ive been using sticky bumps cold water wax. works just fine on my PU channel islands.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JerseyGirl23 View Post
    ive been using sticky bumps cold water wax. works just fine on my PU channel islands.
    Is the board brand new?

I had the same issue with my Firewire. Seemed like the wax just wouldn't stick when I was applying it to the board. I just removed the wax and cleaned the surface. That should do the trick.

Rub the board down with a belt sander to give it a rough surface so the wax can grip

Quote Originally Posted by Aguaholic View Post
    Is the board brand new?

I had the same issue with my Firewire. Seemed like the wax just wouldn't stick when I was applying it to the board. I just removed the wax and cleaned the surface. That should do the trick.
    its a used board and i think you may be right. it was stripped clean so i think who ever owned it before used wax remover on it and prob left a nice residue. i took the wax off and cleaned it, then gave it a real nice coat. so we will see. thanks everyone!