LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: surfboard

Images

surfboard

I'm about 5'7 and 135 pounds and i just bought a 5'10, I haven't rode it yet but I'm starting to wonder whether it's too small or not.

Quote Originally Posted by lbsurfer View Post
    I'm about 5'7 and 135 pounds and i just bought a 5'10, I haven't rode it yet but I'm starting to wonder whether it's too small or not.
    that's fine for you during the medium-bigger surf, but you'll need a longer board for the smaller days which make up the majority of summer.

Images
    If i weighed 135 i'd rarely anything longer than a 5'10" all summer, and would probably go shorter.

I am the exact same hirght and weight as you and I ride a 5'8 most of the time but i am now going more for my 5'10. It also depends on how wide and thick your board is, my 5'10 is a squash tail and 18.5 x 2 1/8 and floats me well.

I was at 135 about 3 years ago and i still rode a longer board. imho surfing is not about learning to ride one type of board, but rather being able to ride any board... so if the waves are smaller, i am going to take out my fish or my longboard. balance and variety

kook !!!!!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by billabongmoney View Post
    kook !!!!!
    seriously!

Quote Originally Posted by billabongmoney View Post
    kook !!!!!

you define deuce bag

Images
    im 5'9, ive been surfing for many many years, but in my quiver i have a 9'0 eaton longboard, a 6'2 CB shortboard, a 5'5 natural art shortboard, 6'3 Rainbow retro fish, and a 9'2 dewey webber longboard from the 60's. I can ride all of them, so if i can ride a 5'5 and im 5'9 i think youll be able to ride your board, but if your learning its probably going to be tough.

Quote Originally Posted by wbluke View Post
    you define deuce bag
    (just for fun)
    WTF is a DEUCE bag?

I think the term you're looking for is DOUCHE bag.

If you're gonna insult someone via internet, at least try not to look like a "deuce bag" yourself.