LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Images
    I think with the stiffness of epoxy and the difference in the temperature from your car heating it or even melting it, to the coldness of the water might be what makes it come off in flacks, I started using warmer water wax now, and a good base coat is key.

wb and you can find me at crystal and sweetwater and all over wb.
    i have a epoxy board and this is what i did when i first bought it.
    1. put a coat on.
    2 stripped that coat off. after a hour or so of sitting on the board.
    3. put down a base coat of sex wax quick humps. (i used the blue label as basecoat for summer and winter)
    4. layed down a nice top coat of sex wax quick humps red label. (i did all of this at the begginning of the summer last year.)
    5. if the surf is big i sometimes put sticky bumps on top of it all just for the extra stick. (which usually never happens during summer but defiently during winter.)
    But you defiently want to use a basecoat every time you go to put new wax on. after you take all of the old wax off.

a good splash of urine between coats does the trick for me

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneeboarder4Life View Post
    a good splash of urine between coats does the trick for me
    I would say that it is quite evident from this statement why you were never able to learn how to stand up and surf.

Quote Originally Posted by SkegLegs View Post
    Rub the board down with a belt sander to give it a rough surface so the wax can grip
    Then run it over with your car and patch the dings with a hammer.

Sex wax basecoat. Basecoat is the only quality product they make, use a bunch of it. Make a thick cross hatch pattern wherever you want your wax. Then a bar of Mrs. Palmers. Which btw/imo is the best commercially available surf wax out there. Bumps is ok too. Rub it in circles, uhhh.... Sweet.
    Last edited by Salty J; May 7, 2009 at 07:15 PM.

thanks guys.. all these were great tips, uh minus the urine and the belt sander lol.

you can also use denatured alcohol to rub on the deck. it just cleans up the deck and makes the basecoat stick really well

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDaddy View Post
    I would say that it is quite evident from this statement why you were never able to learn how to stand up and surf.
    What the imbecile fails to understand he mocks. Kneeboarding rules.
    KB4L

Images

same problem

I have an epoxy santa cruz and it does the same thing. I guess thats just how they are. hopefully wax prices dont take a hike

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneeboarder4Life View Post
    What the imbecile fails to understand he mocks. Kneeboarding rules.
    KB4L
    Hey I was just responding to a completely idiotic statement. Would you like to enlighten us to how your statement was constructive in anyway shape or form to this thread?