LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Get rid of this forum....please!

It just makes me angry every time I read some stupid thread about where to surf and when, what the swell is supposed to do this weekend, or even what kind of music I should listen to before I paddle out.
    I know surfing has become a very popular sport in the past decade, but its starting to become almost too popular if there is such a thing. I feel like the internet has exposed the sport wayyy to much and I hope most of you all would agree with me on this...

Images
    well, its kind of the objective of this site to tell you when the surf is going to be good. We dont recommend droping spot names in the forum, and I think thats been under control for the most part.

You'd prob really get angry if you used wannasurf.com.
    Last edited by Swellinfo; May 5, 2009 at 07:15 PM.

And what "secret" spot could you possibly have with a total 20ish miles of shifting sandbars in delmarva....get over yourself.

Wow, there's swell and there's gonna be waves at 48th street....seriously? Naming IRI, NJ, Midtown, The Teague ect. isn't gonna change anything. If you go the the 10 or so "spots", there's gonna be tons of people ....... and these forums arn't gonna change that.

Surfing is a boom and bust sport and it has always been that way. better suits and bigger boards make it easier for people to get into it for longer periods now. better get used to that. the problem really isn't too many surfers, it's too many surfers who lack basic etiquette knowledge!

Quote Originally Posted by Swellinfo View Post
    well, its kind of the objective of this site to tell you when the surf is going to be good. We dont recommend droping spot names in the forum, and I think thats been under control for the most part.

You'd prob really get angry if you used wannasurf.com.
    I like the site and what it offers from a surf forecasting perspective. I just don't think the Forum is necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by SkegLegs View Post
    And what "secret" spot could you possibly have with a total 20ish miles of shifting sandbars in delmarva....get over yourself.

Wow, there's swell and there's gonna be waves at 48th street....seriously? Naming IRI, NJ, Midtown, The Teague ect. isn't gonna change anything. If you go the the 10 or so "spots", there's gonna be tons of people ....... and these forums arn't gonna change that.
    Did I say "secret spot"? No. I don't think its necessary to have a discussion/forum. If you are a serious surfer you should be able to read and interpret the maps and other tools this site offers. NOT sit behind your computer all day in your little cubical discussing when you are going to surf 48th St this weekend with your 7'0 NSP fish.

Is this the same Surfjdog that posted this "What is the best South NJ spot thread?"

http://www.swellinfo.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3547

Seems a bit hypocritical.

8. I think it's fine how it is.

Images
    the forum is not set up to specifically talk about spots... its to talk about whatever we want to. We do have moderators, but fortunately, we really haven't had to use them recently.
    Last edited by Swellinfo; May 5, 2009 at 10:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by El Porto View Post
    Is this the same Surfjdog that posted this "What is the best South NJ spot thread?"

http://www.swellinfo.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3547

Seems a bit hypocritical.
    hahahahah Surfjdog its time for you to stop talking